Long-term storage of......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rollingla I have some banana chips that get given to the chickens as a treat every now and again ... bleech ... LOL Let me just say that the lemon juice "trick" to keep them from browning ... well, it makes them pretty inedible too! :D

:werd:

I too have tried the dreaded banana dehydration.

I don't want to give the wrong impression here, dehydrating food is a wonderful thing, im just not a fan of dehydrated fruit.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:werd:

I too have tried the dreaded banana dehydration.

I don't want to give the wrong impression here, dehydrating food is a wonderful thing, im just not a fan of dehydrated fruit.

I like dehydrated blueberries ... and cranberries ... lemon slices worked out well, so I imagine the same could be said for any citrus fruit. I can hardly wait for the fig tree to make some figs so I can try them out ...

Everything else I've done has been veggies ...

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 pints water, 3 pints white wine vinegar, 1 cup sugar, two TBSP salt. This time of year she would get fancy with black pepper too, but I like the sugary sweet. There's a ton of really fancy recipes out there too.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like dried apples...peel and cut them in 1/4 inch slices = roll em in 2 parts sugar and 1 part cinnamon...then dry em...I dont know how long they will keep...they dont last long enough to find out...a couple of months for sure

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pear butter is DA'BOMB. Canning apple sauce or pie filling is the BEST way to keep apples. The newspaper wrap and COOL, DRY, will keep them for a bit, but long term.

Chickens LOVE dehydrated apples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom