Looking at new trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
how do those new tundras rate as far as towing capability? I have an 06 that has a crap rating. I love it for its reliability but its gets pushed around by a semi heavy trailer. The other down side is its creature comforts aren't as nice as the domestics, and the ride is comparably rough and noisy. maybe they have fixed those things.

towing rocks, but like most trucks, its weight. A lot of tundra towers get firestone airbags I think

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I can't imagine:

A.) Paying $50k or better for a half-ton pickup that doesn't come with 2 free hookers. And I mean good hookers with coke habits, not bad hooker with meth habits.
...snip...
They are greatly succeeding at pussifing trucks. Gone are the days of rubber mats and stick shifts.

No kidding. My brother just bought a '94 F150 regular cab, with a 4.9L I6 and a 5spd manual. Only "frill" is A/C. Paid $2500 with 138k on it.

If I want luxury, I'll buy something made for that. If I want a tow truck, that's what I want it to be. I can't imagine driving a truck every day though; I like turning too much.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the new-gen F150, but my 11 EcoBoost is a great truck. I use it mostly as a road warrior, but it's done really well up here in the Alaska snow/ice/slush we've been dealing with. It's really comfortable, rides nice, tows well, looks good and the turbos are fun to listen to. My only complaint is it's a turbo v6, not a turbo v8, haha. I think the newest models are too young for anyone to say they'll last, but the previous generation has shown that Ford has (mostly) been doing things right with the line.

I haven't done much towing with mine, but my dad's friend has basically the same truck (Platinum 4wd vs my FX4) and he pulls his 30'ish foot pontoon boat all over lake Tenkiller. His neighbor has an EB FX4 and he pulls his 30'ish foot baja-type boat with it and has no trouble in the hills either. My brother and friend both drive F-150s as their work trucks. Their companies have used Ford for their fleet vehicles for years. Both have high miles and both are still kicking with no trouble. My friend tows A LOT and spends a lot of time driving in the dirt, around job sites, and he has no complaints.

I've also never heard any complaints about the Tundra. It would be my next pick, behind the F-150.

Latest posts

Top Bottom