Man Purse vs. backpack debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so some coworkers and I get into a big debate over what makes a bag a man purse.....

I carry a black Maxpedition Kodiak (gearslinger)...some guys at work say its a man purse because it only has one strap...I say, it sits on my back...its a backpack. If only one strap makes it a man purse...then when people wear backpacks using only one strap, is it not a man purse? I say a man purse is more like a satchel or messenger style bag that sits on your hip or under your arm. What say you guys?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one straps (like my sitka) make more sense. They're comfortable, and everything is easy to get to. I don't even have to take the pack off to get to everything that's inside it. I would agree that a messenger bag or satchel would be considered a man purse.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reckon I need to get me one of them thar man purses.

Does anybody out there own a 5.11 Tactical S.E.R.E. bag? They are exclusive to Quartermaster Uniforms (www.qmuniforms.com). They look alot like the Maxped Fatboy series, only a little smaller. They are only like 35 bucks, but they never show any pics of the inside of the bag, so I don't know exactly if it'll do/hold what I need it to.

Here's the specs on it...

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Brands/5-11-Tactical/Bags-Packs/5-11-Tactical-Series-S-E-R-E-Bag.axd

Latest posts

Top Bottom