Martin's dad to speak to congress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
"Until you......you wouldn't understand". And by this statement, no white person has ever been discriminated against. Good old white guilt ********. So what constitutes "discrimination"? Certainly not the "white boy" comments I - and many other whites - have endured by blacks, or the intentionally racist remarks made about whites in front of my wife and I by a half-dozen Latino pricks. Nahhh. They were just using "descriptors". And most certainly not the rep for a school telling me point blank that I'd have a hard time getting hired in a certain industry because of my race.

"We've come a long way, but we have a long way to go". "Until you white boys experience......." Starting to see the finish line yet, white boy?

Please don't misconstrue my comments. Being told you'd have a hard time getting a job in a specific industry is racial discrimination, not getting the job because of your race is. Verbal slurs are and aren't racist depending on what it is, I won't argue that; and in certain situations, getting butthurt is an appropriate response. But still, getting called a name is not equal to racial discrimination.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When was the last time I was discriminated against? The last time I was discriminated against was about a year ago. A roller skating rink on the north side of town. As a surprise, we took our 4 kids (all white, of course) out for dinner and something fun to do. they saw the rink and said "hey! Lets do that!" - we pulled up, parked the car and headed in. At the ticket window the (black) woman looked at me funny when I said "four kids and two adults, please - and we all need skates." - seemed harmless enough. Then she leaned forward, looked me right in the eye and said "look in that rink - do you see any white people? this is n**ga night. you need to leave 'fore you get beat up." - I was horrified and she was serious. my youngest was 7 at the time. she was horrified. my teenage daughter cried. my son got pissed. my wife was embarrassed. I was polite, I thanked her for her time and I left.

So don't you DARE tell me I don't know what discrimination is like - that's only the LAST time it's happened.

As far as the rest of your ridiculousness, you can keep it. I do not speak from a position of ignorance on the subject.

Last week I made my kid take out the trash. Now he swears he knows what it was like on the Bataan Death March.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being told you'd have a hard time getting a job in a specific industry is racial discrimination, not getting the job because of your race is.

That's called Affirmative Action these days.

Verbal slurs are and aren't racist depending on who is saying the racial slurs, I won't argue that; and in certain situations, getting butthurt is an appropriate response. But still, getting called a name is not equal to racial discrimination.

Fixed it for you. And if you happen to be in a certain demographic, calling someone a name is considered "hate speech".

Last edited:

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion this is more than the trial. it is setting up a divide for the next presidential election. the democrats/liberals are trying to take over FL. now all they have to say if remember TM and how can you vote for those horrible republications - after all look at what they did to TM. They don't care about what it is doing to the country.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Affirmative Action, anyone? Fixed it for you. And if you happen to be in a certain demographic, calling someone a name is considered "hate speech".

I wonder how many jobs I've been passed over because of EEOC laws, and those quotas companies have that they claim don't exist? (But do, as a manager at a former job showed me the paperwork that detailed the company requirement for so many minorities, and so many women)

Company quotas don't prove eoe laws... It only prove company policy to comply with guidelines. Did you ever consider that other person may have just been a better candidate, or did you just cop it out to race?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go by the US Constitution then that would make OUR country just shy of 225 years old. In that time, both whites and blacks have lived here and helped build this country.
However:
> slavery only ended 150 years ago...75 years after "All men are created equal"
> around 145 years ago the 14th & 15th amendments allowed for citizenship to those born on this soil and voting rights to all citizens...Jim Crow laws soon followed to prevent many blacks from voting
> 115 years ago "separate but equal" policies enacted to segregate races...mind you this is after they've already been granted citizenship, voting rights, and deemed "created equal"
> 65 years ago the US armed forces were integrated...many blacks wished to fight/die for this country but were forbidden to do so or kept segregated/treated differently than other troops
> 60 years ago public schools were integrated making separate schools for blacks and whites unconstitutional...my parents would have been about 10 years old at the time
> 50 years ago the voting rights act did away with the practices that prevented many blacks from exercising the right afforded to them in the 15th amendment...almost 100 years later

As for White-Guy scholarships...well there are those specifically for students of Irish and German descent - pretty sure that's a white scholarship. Or you could apply to the United Negro College Fund as their PRIVATELY funded scholarships are open to all ethnic groups (i.e. they don't discriminate).

I think maybe this might be a move towards seeing that this situation doesn't happen again. All of the complaints about TM being a thug, his father failing him, a product of gangsta culture, all about color - perhaps instead of condemning the group for forming, maybe step back and see it as a progressive step towards fixing the problems that this trial has clearly brought to light.
If we're going to complain about how things are wrong, should we really complain when attempts are made to change them?
I'm not saying anything miraculous is going to come of this, but Martin did not mention GZ's name when he spoke in the piece I saw. He did say that something should be done about profiling...it exists and in some cases it is quite severe.
If you know of a better solution to the problem, I'm more than willing to hear what you have to say.

There are a whole lot of inaccuracy's in your post.

I hope you do the research and correct them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom