Mary Fallin For Governer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I submitted a request to have her respond to this thread. Lets see what happens. I doubt anything will come of it, but would you be shocked if she or someone from her staff actually started responding?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to vote for anyone that voted for the bailout/stimulus. As bad as Askins 'may' be I can not vote for Fallin.

It has been my experience that those that vote based on a single issue usually wonder later why there is a bullet hole in their foot.

Perhaps they feel good that they beat out a politician who disagreed with the them or voted in a way that was opposite of that particular voter's beliefs, but when things really go south in other matters, they have difficulty admitting that they are a good part of the reason for things going south.

Look at the current climate with Barack Obama. A lot of those who voted for him because of "Hope and Change", or because of his race, or whatever reason they had are now backing away from him in droves. And, it isn't just the "independents" that are backing away.

The closest party to the Communist Party in philosphy is the Democratic Party, enough so that past communists have even stated that the Democratic Party is now their home. Leadership like Pelosi and Reid are examples of the communists being in charge.

As for me, the gun issues are the least of the reasons for why I would vote for Fallin. As for the stimulus, didn't Coburn vote for it once himself? Are Oklahomans going to vote out one of the most principled politicians in Washington just because of one issue?

Askins has been and always will be a Democrat in party and philosophy. In spite of her attempts in her commercials to "appear" to be conservative, she is a far cry from being of that philosophy.

While I have disagreed with some of Mary Fallins actions in Congress, she is far, far better than the promise of another Oklahoma Democratic governor, willing to veto conservative legislation.

:soapbox:

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care for the fact she voted for the bailout either, but for me, it's boiling down to my basic 2nd Amendment rights. I'm tired of having those rights diluted, and anyone that votes to continue doing so is telling me all I need to know.

Single issue voter? You bet…it's foundational with me.

Jerry

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's quite flattering, Veggie. Instead of being insulting, perhaps you could provide something more positive that would actually add to the topic at hand?

That was not directed at you, nor meant as an insult toward anybody.

It is an observation I have made of many of the people around me. 95% of them go into overload if they try to process multiple issues to weigh their vote, so they default to abortion, LGBT rights, Second Amendment, taxes, welfare, etc.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been my experience that those that vote based on a single issue usually wonder later why there is a bullet hole in their foot.

Perhaps they feel good that they beat out a politician who disagreed with the them or voted in a way that was opposite of that particular voter's beliefs, but when things really go south in other matters, they have difficulty admitting that they are a good part of the reason for things going south.

Look at the current climate with Barack Obama. A lot of those who voted for him because of "Hope and Change", or because of his race, or whatever reason they had are now backing away from him in droves. And, it isn't just the "independents" that are backing away.

The closest party to the Communist Party in philosphy is the Democratic Party, enough so that past communists have even stated that the Democratic Party is now their home. Leadership like Pelosi and Reid are examples of the communists being in charge.

As for me, the gun issues are the least of the reasons for why I would vote for Fallin. As for the stimulus, didn't Coburn vote for it once himself? Are Oklahomans going to vote out one of the most principled politicians in Washington just because of one issue?

Askins has been and always will be a Democrat in party and philosophy. In spite of her attempts in her commercials to "appear" to be conservative, she is a far cry from being of that philosophy.

While I have disagreed with some of Mary Fallins actions in Congress, she is far, far better than the promise of another Oklahoma Democratic governor, willing to veto conservative legislation.

:soapbox:

Very, very nicely put. Thank you.

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough. In this particular instance, I believe I'm adept enough to balance several issues at once and still conclude that one's perspective on the 2nd Amendment is a decent predication on their belief in other issues like abortion, LGBT rights, taxes, etc.

Your point is valid. Mine was just a conclusion on a long path of balancing all issues.

Peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom