Mauser or Mosin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a little work you can make a russian mosin nicer. A quick polishing of the bolt, and a washer and a spring tightens up the trigger. I have a 91/30 and a 91/59 and the 91/59s action is smooth and has a wonderful trigger.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mosins are fun. Mausers are fun. Theres tons of shooter grade milsurps fairly cheap and if ya hang onto them for 10 years the value increases.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your interests are just going out and blowing holes in things, and getting sore shoulders, get a Mosin. They're cheap and ammo is cheap. What else could you want.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A quick search shows the Finnish Mosins going for $400+ right now. Most of them are in the $500-800 range and up from what I can tell.

Depends on the type and manufacture. I found a good VKT M91 for around $300 and it has been sitting for a couple of weeks. I'm thinking about offering $50 less and seeing if I can get it.

birry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the type and manufacture. I found a good VKT M91 for around $300 and it has been sitting for a couple of weeks. I'm thinking about offering $50 less and seeing if I can get it.
That would be cool. There are tons of M48's on GB right now for $250 or less. I'm thinking about getting one of those and picking up a Mosin some other time.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 24 Mosins and they are my fun guns. I have 5 Swedish Mausers, and 2 Swiss K31 and they are my tack drivers. All 3 can be easily be reloaded. I reload 6.5x55 Swed but just shoot the standard Swiss military ammo in the k31s.

8mm mausers and the old 1903s will get their a$$e$ handed to them by either the Swed or Swiss on the range. Been there seen that in person.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the Enfield versus the other two?
Specifically the M4 model?

I know its .303 and harder to find ammo but it has one of the fastest bolt action times and is accurate.
Most of all it feeds from a removable magazine.
Is $400 too much for a good Enfield?

Latest posts

Top Bottom