Mayor supports plan to limit marijuana arrests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? Local production accounts for a very small fraction of the source of meth. Meth is also available by prescription (recommended by the FDA to treat "ADD" in children with no dosage limit, and obesity in adults). The pseudoephedrine legislation has its roots in lobbying from the largest manufacturer of phenylephrine with the goal of legally eliminating competition and boosting sales.

Have you ever been around to see meth turn a happy, healthy productive person into the living walking dead? Have you seen how math makes decent people into thieving, conniving packrats?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever been around to see meth turn a happy, healthy productive person into the living walking dead? Have you seen how math makes decent people into thieving, conniving packrats?

Yes. But I can assure you it wasn't the meth that did it. There are many other factors besides drug of choice. I've also seen people go from being rather lazy when "normal" to being some extremely productive workers (and get high praise from their superiors) while using meth.

The FDA says its good for your kids, with no limit on dosage. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/005378s026lbl.pdf

In fact, they recommend you start with 5mg to 10mg and increase the dosage in 5mg increments until "optimum" results are achieved. According to the FDA, best results are achieved at around 20-25mg, or one hit.

Like I said, the crap pseudoephedrine laws we have on the books now are not rooted in preventing meth production. If you follow the money, you'll see that the whole "combat meth by preventing access to pseudoephedrine" idea came from the world's largest producer of a proven-to-be-inferior competitor.

Politicians sell it as "combating meth". Ignorant sheep buy the idea because they prefer tyranny over free access to medication.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, framed the issue as one of racial justice

This bothers me
The Rev. Al Sharpton praised Mr. Cuomo’s proposal as “a step in the right direction” in curbing what he described as racial profiling by the Police Department.
as does this.
And the "meth "theyre making on the streets ...is nothing like that prescribed by Drs. for treatment of some conditions
27 grams is only an ounce
I think most understand the war on drugs...is a joke.
But ya just cant say ya dont have a war .....without some kind of taxing....hah ..makes too much sence

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with a behavioral syndrome characterized by the following group
of developmentally inappropriate symptoms: moderate to severe
distractibility, short attention span, hyperactivity, emotional lability,
and impulsivity. ....OR a typical ....8 yr old

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 2008 study by Harvard economist Jeffrey A. Miron has estimated that legalizing drugs would inject $76.8 billion a year into the U.S. economy — $44.1 billion from law enforcement savings, and at least $32.7 billion in tax revenue ($6.7 billion from marijuana, $22.5 billion from cocaine and heroin, remainder from other drugs).

During the early-to-mid-1990s, the Clinton administration ordered and funded a major cocaine policy study, again by RAND. The Rand Drug Policy Research Center study concluded that $3 billion should be switched from federal and local law enforcement to treatment. The report said that treatment is the cheapest way to cut drug use, stating that drug treatment is twenty-three times more effective than the supply-side "war on drugs".

So Harvard liberals are credible when they agree with you?

Check.

Michael Brown

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks ,Ive seen most of these...and am not sure whether they found a drug and needed a market, or were possibly trying to ..LOL ..control something that was found to be offensive.
True in some cases it was helpful...the most severe.
If you give someone as young as 6 a pill and tell them it will make them better, there will be consequences.
Funny that when they turn 13, insurance says the drugs no longer work. at that point it becomes a stimulant...so the medical profession says.
My Wife takes a form of it to help counter act the Lupus meds she takes, insurance wont pay...its between $800 and 900 a month...and not that helpful.
I grew up with "ADD"...it was more about finding something to do ,not making ..drug addicts

Latest posts

Top Bottom