McCarthy's fascist gun ban bill now has 65 sponsors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate that phrase "for sporting purposes". Its like that was a way to fight for gun rights but all it did was tie our own hands! That is why I am a member of GOA. I have my guns because it is my right. Well good look with the RINOs. That mob mentality is in effect.

Yeah I'm not a fan of that phrase either. By "sporting" they infer hunting. But what about competitive shooting? That's "sporting" also but I bet the mindless drones who draft these bills don't see it that way.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not a fan of that phrase either. By "sporting" they infer hunting. But what about competitive shooting? That's "sporting" also but I bet the mindless drones who draft these bills don't see it that way.

I agree. These people feel like they need to justify why they need a gun. They need to just stand up and say "Its my right!".

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. These people feel like they need to justify why they need a gun. They need to just stand up and say "Its my right!".

Call me picky, but instead consider saying, "Self-defense is a basic human right. If you ban firearms, you take away the ability of older people, women and many others who are the target of criminals to defend themselves."

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
I see both sides.

10 rounds is too restrictive. Most guns are manufactured to accept standard magazines with 9-17 rounds, depending on the caliber, why not keep it there.

One does have to acknowledge that there is probably no legitimate need for a 30 round handgun or rifle clip.

Then again, outlawing will not make them disappear. And there's the arguement that if something is made illegal then only outlaws will have them.

This is a tough one. Someone enlighten me.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see both sides.

10 rounds is too restrictive. Most guns are manufactured to accept standard magazines with 9-17 rounds, depending on the caliber, why not keep it there.

One does have to acknowledge that there is probably no legitimate need for a 30 round handgun or rifle clip.

Then again, outlawing will not make them disappear. And there's the arguement that if something is made illegal then only outlaws will have them.

This is a tough one. Someone enlighten me.

The ar15 rifle is manufactured to accept a 30 round mag as standard. So is the uzi and all 9mm carbines that take uzi mags.
Are you Ok with those?

To answer your broader question, yes there is a legitimate need. In a defense situation. Unless you would like to face 4-5 armed intruders who clearly don't give a flip about the law and are armed with all sorts of illegal weapons, with your 10 round magazine (your calling it a clip clearly indicates your lack of familiarity with firearms).

Or even facing one dude with 3 guns on him (with 10 round mags each) with your little 10 round mag pistol.

Banning hi cap magazines is the prelude to banning all sorts of weapons for which there is "no legitimate need". After all, why is there a "legitimate need" for semi autos in general? Animals can't shoot so why not just allow bolt actions and lever actions and revolvers?

And while you are at it, why not just ban big vehicles...no legitimate need for most of us to drive big gas guzzlers that can kill....only people with a "legitimate need" like construction workers or farmers whould be allowed these large SUVs...the rest of us should be "issued" small smart cars with rubber bumpers that are pedestrian friendly.

Ahh what a utopian world that would be.
A liberal's dream come true. Right before all "hate speech" is censored and "angry emotions" are detected and removed with copious doses of soma. Ahh...brave new world.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No one does not. The gov't is not there to decide whether I have a legitimate need or not.

By that logic, since no one "needs" an mp3 player with 200 gigs of storage, let's limit them to 2 gigs. Or a car that goes faster than 40.

This stupid bill does not outlaw pre-existing magazines at all, so of course they won't disappear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom