McCarthy's fascist gun ban bill now has 65 sponsors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I would love to ask Rep. McCarthy if she thinks that her husband would've stood a better chance of surviving had had a concealed weapon that day in 1993 when he was murdered. And furthermore, if she conceded that he would've indeed bettered his chance of survival, if she would've wanted the magazine capacity that his life depended on limited to only 10 rounds.

I think I'd like to ask her that.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see both sides.

10 rounds is too restrictive. Most guns are manufactured to accept standard magazines with 9-17 rounds, depending on the caliber, why not keep it there.

One does have to acknowledge that there is probably no legitimate need for a 30 round handgun or rifle clip.

Then again, outlawing will not make them disappear. And there's the arguement that if something is made illegal then only outlaws will have them.

This is a tough one. Someone enlighten me.

No! One does not have to acknowledge jack. Need has absolutely nothing to do with the RKBA. Try as I might I don't see anything in the 2nd Amendment about need. No matter how hard I search it just isn't there.

That logic would imply that unless we NEED something we don't get to have it. No one needs steak, hamburger is good enough. Ban steak. Ban it I say!

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No! One does not have to acknowledge jack. Need has absolutely nothing to do with the RKBA. Try as I might I don't see anything in the 2nd Amendment about need. No matter how hard I search it just isn't there.

That logic would imply that unless we NEED something we don't get to have it. No one needs steak, hamburger is good enough. Ban steak. Ban it I say!

+1

I don't need a lot of things, but we live in a free society here.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see both sides.

10 rounds is too restrictive. Most guns are manufactured to accept standard magazines with 9-17 rounds, depending on the caliber, why not keep it there.

One does have to acknowledge that there is probably no legitimate need for a 30 round handgun or rifle clip.

Then again, outlawing will not make them disappear. And there's the arguement that if something is made illegal then only outlaws will have them.

This is a tough one. Someone enlighten me.
The Open division USPSA gun that I'm building will hold 29 rounds in the "clip" as you call it. That means that I can start with 30 rounds in the gun. So you are saying that I have no legitimate need to shoot USPSA Open division. You may acknowledge that I don't "need" a 30 round MAGAZINE, but the only thing I will acknowledge is that you have no business telling me or anyone else what they have a "legitimate need" (your words) for. Ditto for the government. Consider yourself enlightened....

ljb2of3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Here's a legitimate need for high cap mags...

Lets say that due to my work schedule and other factors that I only get an hour of range time per week. With high cap mags, I can load them up at home ahead of time. With low cap mags, I have to spend more time reloading my mags at the range, and less time actually shooting.

Of course, as others have said, I shouldn't have to justify my needs, I should just be able to buy what I want... this is a free country, or it was anyways.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about my XD factory mags? all of them hold 12. and the language of the bill flat states "Transfers or Possession", so that would potentially make it apply to pre-existing ownership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom