McCroskey knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Dave! Glad to see you have found OSA! This is Dane from Cherokee. I need to come by some time and have you freshen up my elk for deer season!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL Deer Slayer. I bought a pro skinner and had sent my elk back in to be sharpened. Likewise, I hope not to cut myself again. Since the time I did cut myself, I won't work on an animal with other people moving around. I was skinning out a front leg with deer hanging by hind hocks. A buddy walked around behind me, bumping the leg I was working on and I sliced right across the top of my knuckle. After getting sutured up, and returning home to find the deer finished. I went hunting again that evening.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who all has one? What model? I have had an elk model for 2 years going on its 3rd year. I ordered a pro skinner model today. I have been very pleased with the quality of my knife. It stays sharp longer than any knife I have used. Once when I had to get stitches after a cut from the knife (was cutting up 3rd deer) the doctor asked what I cut myself with. I replied just a hunting knife. He said that looks like a surgical scalpel cut.

Yessir I did what was important I went hunting again that evening.

Deer Slayer, here is my post that started this thread. It has a little testimony how quality of edge they have, and keep during use.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My elk knife did 8 deer before having to be touched up. Huckleberry 75 and I ONLY use Dave's knives. When you use the best everything else is well...................

Tha edge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I've been stitched up a few times and used super glue several more. I can't print on here the stories that I have heard of how our knives were used. Some are humorus and some "HAD" to hurt.
Gotta get some more out today while we are waiting for 125 to be cryoed. 30 are sold so I am way behind the 8-ball. Thanks again for your patronage and support.
Deer slayer and a few others know that I would not be here today if it were not for the knives. In 1990 I was given 18 months to live and started making knives 4 months later. Results just blew the doctors mind. Yes. very humbly I say Thank You.
dave

Tha edge

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you find any road-kill on the way home to give them a field test? Its a long way to Bixby. Good to meet you. Should have told you to bring some old nicked up wood chisels so we could try to sharpen back to life. They are better steel than a hatchett. Good luck hunting AND good luck waiting 'til Christmas.
dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom