• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Mean tough cats!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need some mean unwated cats that can hold their own on a farm. If you have any let me know. Mice are tearing up our trucks and equipment all while laughing at the poison we set out.
Worked on Pier 48 South as a welder on the Delaware River there their were Rats bigger than the Cats. The only Cat I ever seen there was a VERY big cat.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How are they on groundhogs? I might need to get one... :rollingla
If you have issues with Ground hogs, call me, I'll take care those. My rat terriers would go down the hole after them, but I preferred they didn't. I like to shoot them before my dogs got to them.

My one dog took on both wood chucks and Rock Chucks. She would jump out of the window the truck if she spotted one.

Something I never used but heard done for mice was shallow pans of antifreeze under a vehicle. With dogs around I never tried that. That is poison for kids and dogs.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ive got a cat you can have, just have to come get her. She’s spayed and seems to be good killer, has killed a couple pack rats and routinely kills mice and many other critters. I’m just not much of a cat fan.

In Stilwell

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ‘Malleus Maleficarum’ identifies cats as the familiars of witches. I recommend that one should exercise extreme caution in their presence. Also, cats will steal a baby’s breath; so, do not allow cats near small children! Personally, I would rather see every cat on earth exterminated than to offend the sensibilities of even the most scrofulous dog.
I have heard that old wives tail about stealing a baby's breath? One draw back about free roam cats is true, they will totally devastate the Quail population.! We have lived here for 42 years, and when we moved here Quails were thick. A section across the road was mostly in wheat, with no one living on it, and was a great place to quail hunt! Over the years they cut that up into acrages, and people moved in with their house cats, and now I havn't seen a quail in years! I think cats can catch them on the ground, as well as raid their nest!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Dang we have an outdoor stray we’ve been feeding for a year. It brings in rats mice, and gophers , leaves them in the same place on the side of the house on the sidewalk every time. Would love to find it a home on a farm or ranch somewhere in NE Oklahoma. Will deliver. Oh and our neighbor said it’s been fixed so NO kittens. Come on someone out there take her. I can post or send pics if necessary. It’s a tabby

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am allergic to cats also. I was surprised when told it wasn't the fur but the saliva residue left on its fur. Had to have mousers around though because of the bag feed for the horses.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Forget cats. Find a couple of rat terriers, they will tear the place down to get a rat or mouse. Far, far better than any cat. Unlike cats they also make good companions.

My Rat terriers humiliated many a "good" farm cat in their day. They will go into stack of hay and bring out dead rats and mice. Whatever it takes, they get their nose on it, they will go after it.

True ... I have a couple of cats but it's the 75 pound bassett mix who is the mouser in our house. If a dog has the nose and the patience they are much better mousers than cats. He will wait HOURS on one little baby rat to stick it's nose out and then he is ON it. It's kinda fun to watch him work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom