MetCalf Gun Show Sept. 10-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a difference of opinion about gun shows than most...ya never know what will show up. I like 'em all, some better than others...but I'm usually looking for the guys selling personal collection stuff instead of the vendors and shops.
Its in Tulsa this weekend at the fairgrounds.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a difference of opinion about gun shows than most...ya never know what will show up. I like 'em all, some better than others...but I'm usually looking for the guys selling personal collection stuff instead of the vendors and shops.
Its in Tulsa this weekend at the fairgrounds.
Thanks. I love them as long as they are not half craft shows.
Tulsa might be out as I going to the Wanamaker soon and to another show in Chickasha next week end but thanks

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not far from me either, but I am looking for a Norinco Mak 90, or Arsenal AK Sam7-66, Sig saur P320 Compact with the Sig night sights in black. I am also in the market for some AR parts too. I just dont want to wait until the election because it could be a buying frenzie.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Metcalf shows got a reputation a few years back for being "Beanie Baby" shows... meaning half their tables had nothing to do with shooting or sporting. Scentsy tables, home crafting stuff, maybe some organic foods or supplement stuff, it just got overwhelming. You felt like you were walking the whole show to see a half-dozen tables with actual guns or shooting-related accessories. Then you add in door costs, which can be $15 these days and alot of guys gave up on them and bad-mouthed them.

Then Warren Metcalf himself came on here and spouted off some **** about how this board was nothing but a bunch of angry old farts and whiners or something to that effect. The shitstorm afterwards was hilarious. I don't mind a bit of sarcasm and I do things my own way, don't fit into the "mold" so to speak, but he was very hateful and basically told us he didn't care if no one from OSA ever came to one of his shows - so I don't.

I've bought at Wanenmacher's a good bit over the years, as well as from Navy Chief's shows - those are about the only ones I waste my time on, anymore.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Metcalf shows got a reputation a few years back for being "Beanie Baby" shows... meaning half their tables had nothing to do with shooting or sporting. Scentsy tables, home crafting stuff, maybe some organic foods or supplement stuff, it just got overwhelming. You felt like you were walking the whole show to see a half-dozen tables with actual guns or shooting-related accessories. Then you add in door costs, which can be $15 these days and alot of guys gave up on them and bad-mouthed them.

Then Warren Metcalf himself came on here and spouted off some **** about how this board was nothing but a bunch of angry old farts and whiners or something to that effect. The shitstorm afterwards was hilarious. I don't mind a bit of sarcasm and I do things my own way, don't fit into the "mold" so to speak, but he was very hateful and basically told us he didn't care if no one from OSA ever came to one of his shows - so I don't.

I've bought at Wanenmacher's a good bit over the years, as well as from Navy Chief's shows - those are about the only ones I waste my time on, anymore.
Went to the collectors show in Shawnee a few weeks ago and that was fun. Prices were high but what ain't. Still looking for the holy grail (lol) but usually find something to buy or interesting at them all. Not a fan of the half craft half crap shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom