Morels 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a couple today.
…they where a little past their prime, but still tasted great!

468DDE57-9E94-4A21-A22D-C9E34FBDE317.jpeg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wanted to try em. Price varies $20-$50 per pound depending on scarcity

Sorry I will not pay that much for beef let alone a fungus. I will wait until I find some. I may have to start visiting my sister south of Welston about this time every year. Only 40 acres but lots of hardwood trees and cedars. I wish I had known about them when I lived out there. We had 60 acres I bet had some.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally went from morel hunter to morel finder. The spot I kept checking, that I believed had to be a good spot finally was. I found fourteen this afternoon. They weren't in the same area last Friday so I think they are just starting there. It's river bottom land so I thing the ground is warming up a little slower that higher ground. I hope to get back there later this week. I left one small one in a marked spot. I will be curious if it will be larger or completely gone by then. Maybe others will be up near it. I'll try to get the wife to go along next time. Two sets of eyes should help.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I will not pay that much for beef let alone a fungus. I will wait until I find some. I may have to start visiting my sister south of Welston about this time every year. Only 40 acres but lots of hardwood trees and cedars. I wish I had known about them when I lived out there. We had 60 acres I bet had some.
Tell you what I’ll do. If we can work out the logistics the next time I’m up there, I’ll bring you a gallon ziplock bag of frozen morels from last years crop. It’s not looking like I’m going to have any this year. I know for a fact these are still good, because I thawed/rehydrated and cooked some the last time I was up. Will that work for you?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell you what I’ll do. If we can work out the logistics the next time I’m up there, I’ll bring you a gallon ziplock bag of frozen morels from last years crop. It’s not looking like I’m going to have any this year. I know for a fact these are still good, because I thawed/rehydrated and cooked some the last time I was up. Will that work for you?
Thanks for the offer but there is no need for that. I can always buy some shrooms at the store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom