Morels Yet Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

av8r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of us went over to our regular hunting areas over around Canton lake. NOTHING!!!!! Looked like a lot of activety under the cedars and other places we usually find Morels. Don't know if it was hogs, armadillos, or just too early. Will try again this comming weekend.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_7128_1332725618607.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that what they look like cooked up? If so, they don't get any prettier do they? LOL

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the hogs in my area ate all of the morells. every tree i would think they should be under had been rooted by hogs all the way around it.

I need to do a little research on this. I hit one of my favorite spots this afternoon, and found rooting signs around every elm tree and brush pile. I know its armadillo's doing the rooting as we don't have piggy's yet, but I've always wondered if any wildlife uses the morels as a food source.

Anybody have any experience?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had ribeye steak tonight with morels.
Awesome! learned a little lesson tonight.
I put the morels in unsalted butter vs regular butter, as recomended by a friend. I've noticed less of a twang with the unsalted butter. Added some garlic powder, and onion powder while the butter was melting, and its really did the steak well.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to go to a new place on saturday that was loaded with them. Bad thing was that pretty much all of them were dried up. Went ahead and picked some just for fun. These were starting to mold and were very brittle.

i218.photobucket.com_albums_cc157_boatpic2007_IMG_1147.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom