My 2009 deer season in review, with many pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are great! Where are you hunting at? Guessing northeast OK somewhere?

Yep. NE Oklahoma, Ozarks Jr.;)

Good post! Two things: Keep going and keep taking pics. You'll thank yourself later. Your kids will too. Really wish I had a lot more pics of my trips. :thumb:

I hear you on the pics thing man. I really wish I would have started earlier. I think back of all the cool stuff we have done in camp and seen and back then none of us even thought to take many pictures. Never crossed our minds. We took a few, but I wish we took more.

I also wish my dad would have taken more back in the day, my grandpa also. He is dead now (grandpa, not dad) and I have a couple old, faded black and whites of him hunting, but not many. Sure would be cool to have more.

I have one of him from about 1950 on my office wall with a nice 10 point strapped to the hood of his old sedan. It was the largest buck killed by any of the local group of hunters for many years.

The other one is one of Grandmas Uncles if I remember correctly, she took the picture in the late 30's with a Brownie Camera she got for her birthday. They visited the Uncle in Arkansas and he wanted a picture taken of him, his gun, hunting dogs and deer mount.

Not very good quality, and they are pictures of pictures (no scanner hooked up). But still they are cool. The ones we take now will be cool in 50 years. Just taking them is the important thing.

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_003_1.jpg

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_002_1.jpg

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics, in early October I took a day off work and helped my brother hang 4 stands, 2 feeders and clear a shooting lane the old fashioned way (handheld sickle) and a week before deer season I broke my ankle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom