My experience with ar kits delton vs blackthorne vs peices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnatOSU

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered 2 kits in December, all 2 were 16" m4 style. I also made my own kit just by ordering all the peices from different places, kinda fun get to see how everything comes together. Here are my thoughts.....

1. blackthourne I paid $399 + shipping at the time, and actually got it less than a week ago. For the money not bad but really is cheap. Can just tell not made as tight and took some being rough with it getting it together correctly. But function wise worked all you need it to do. It's all on a essential lower.

2. del-ton I paid alittle more for, I wanna say it was $475, but everything came together much easier and fit and finish is twice as good. You can just tell made from better quality parts. It is also on an essential arms lowers.

The kits are good but they just take so long to get. Once again ordered in Dec. got in May. So keep that in mind.

3. I ordered just random parts I got a bolt at gun show along with charging handle. A CMMG upper from cheaper than dirt. A used barrel off of here and a stock from cheaper than dirt also. A DPMS lower parts kit. So took alittle more effort, but it faster only took two weeks total to get it put together this way. It was about same price and also came together well almost fits better than the del-ton. This is on a stag lower however.

I would suggest the del-ton just because it all came in at one time and really is a good kit. The blackthorne is alright, but I am kinda wondering if its gonna hold together after a few hundred rounds....

Latest posts

Top Bottom