My latest project. Stupid, yeah.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a new toy for it tonight. This might mean something to some of you, most probably not:

20210204_173417-X2.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't that let the motherboard process faster than it's designed? Overclock? It's been quite a while since I was immersed in this...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Overclocking is increasing the speed or capability of your various components. Raising the clock speeds on the processor and GPU allow them to do more work faster - with the tradeoff of generating more heat, usually, and potentially imparting some amount of instability.

The idea is to tweak all the parts, components, settings and software to achieve as much performance as possible to get the most out of your system while maintaining integrity and keeping things cool.

Kinda like supercharging an engine.

<edit> So my 16-core processor has a base clock speed of 3.5GHz and can bounce individual cores up to maybe 4.5 or so. With proper manipulation, I've been able to attain pretty stable performance at reasonable heat levels with all 16 cores running 4.4, slightly less stable at 4.5.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Overclocking is increasing the speed or capability of your various components. Raising the clock speeds on the processor and GPU allow them to do more work faster - with the tradeoff of generating more heat, usually, and potentially imparting some amount of instability.

The idea is to tweak all the parts, components, settings and software to achieve as much performance as possible to get the most out of your system while maintaining integrity and keeping things cool.

Kinda like supercharging an engine.

Looks like you've got the 'keeping things cool' covered in both of the meanings!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom