My Love for wally world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have NONE, I'd rather take a beating then go there.. The wife knows this and won't ask me to go unless she attempts to push my buttons.. 2 years ago I tried making an online purchase and it showed it worked and the $$ was pulled from the account, Then I see it was returned.. I tried this 3-4 times and each time the $$ was pulled and returned.. Thursday, Thanksgiving day I purchased the LEM mighty bite #8 meat grinder and the foot pedal, I received the foot pedal today and the bank balance went up ?? Go to the e mail and the *****************s
cancelled the grinder which was on sale for $164.. Looking now I can't find it for less than $199 at Academy.. I've got a pig to butcher and have everything BUT the darn grinder.. If I could put the hurt on them they'd squeal more than the piggy is going too.. Rant over..

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to a wally world in approximately 17 years. And dont see myself shopping at one in the next 17 years.
I shop the mom and pop places as much as possible to help out local businesses.
Wally world has knocked out a lot of small business when the go into a town and that has happened in my area.
I had rather spend a few dollars more for something from a locally owned place than spend a dollar at wally world. But thats just me I guess.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been to a wally world in approximately 17 years. And dont see myself shopping at one in the next 17 years.
Wally world has knocked out a lot of small business when the go into a town and that has happened in my area.
I had rather spend a few dollars more for something from a locally owned place than spend a dollar at wally world. But thats just me I guess.

Nope It's not just you, I feel the exact same, and when there's only wally then the roll back is when your shafted.. Are you aware they own the largest ships in the world, too and from China they go..

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's the rub. There aren't enough of us willing (or able) to pay the few dollars more to keep the local folks going.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting things about Walmart that I've noticed over the years. Even with a lot saying that Walmart puts "mom and pop" stores out of business, I've noticed that whenever they put in a new store, other stores, including big box stores and small strip centers, go in nearby.

Also, in many places, Walmart is one of the biggest employers around. I can remember a story of one going in just outside of the city limits of Chicago. Chicago politicians were complaining like crazy about how bad Walmart was, but there was something like 4000 or so job applicants for a heck of a lot less open positions. So, while we might complain about Walmart, a lot of people are depending on them staying in business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom