NBC Launches Internal Investigation over Altered(?) Zimmerman Call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you all realize that there are two versions of the Zimmerman 911 call. One is the actual call made by Zimmerman. The other is the edited, altered, fan the flames of racism, etc., etc. NBC version. The fact that NBC is doing an "internal investigation" makes me feel all warm, fuzzy and believe that they are really trying to do the "right-for-the-left-thing". Nothing like altering/slanting a story to fit their lib agenda?
:pissed::pissed:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/03/31/NBC-Fanning-Flames
NBC Launches Internal Investigation over Altered Zimmerman Call
by Dan Rieh l 1 day ago

"The altered version made it appear as though Martin's race was an important factor that night for Zimmerman, when, in fact, he was only answering a question posed by a 911 dispatcher."

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately it won't matter to their hardcore liberal fans. The meaning of real journalism these days seems to be in the eyes of the beholder.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is no wonder that all the old hippies yearn/pine for the good old days of free love, drugs, having the majority of all the sheople getting ALL OF THE INFORMATION from the leftwingers at NBC, CBS and ABC. There wasn't hardly anybody to call them on their distortions and out and out lies like there is now on Talk Radio and the internet. For the libs, it used to be like shooting fish in a barrel, but now the fish(Rush, Hannity, etc.) can shoot back(and very quickly/accurately too) and the libs just can't stand it.
:50cal::fullauto:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one liberal who really just wants the truth. When I get the truth, then I can decide what is real, who owns which part of whatever actually happened, and what I hope will be done about it.

I'm pretty sure that right wingers don't have a monopoly on that.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one liberal who really just wants the truth. When I get the truth, then I can decide what is real, who owns which part of whatever actually happened, and what I hope will be done about it.

I'm pretty sure that right wingers don't have a monopoly on that.

I will concede that the right does not have a monopoly on the truth but it seems that the left has a near monopoly on the opposite of the truth:

I remember when the left tried these agenda driven stunts: get Richard Jewell for the Atlanta bombing, get the Duke Lacrosse team fiasco/scandal, the Sharpton & Tawana Brawley scam, the NBC Dateline/exploding GM truck fuel tanks(rigged to explode--NBC staff/personnel/producers fired as a result & GM sued NBC), the Dan Rather hit story on President Bush(Rather was fired), etc. Seems like the left is more prone to go to these Machiavellian/devious methods than the right.

Last edited:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to agree that all of those examples were "left wing". Those examples were media sensationalism, coupled with poor to terrible ethical conduct. That doesn't make it "left" or "right". Faux news does it's share of BS spin, too...you just don't notice it as much because they are not goring your particular ox.

There's too much of this right vs left divide. There are a **** ton of liberal people who support guns. There are probably more conservatives who oppose taking away the ability to obtain a safe and legal abortion. Unless you are talking about NE23rd and Lincoln, then the (D) stands for "duh" and the (R) stands for "Religion R Us"

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will concede that the right does not have a monopoly on the truth but it seems that the left has a near monopoly on the opposite of the truth:

I remember when the left tried these agenda driven stunts: get Richard Jewell for the Atlanta bombing, get the Duke Lacrosse team fiasco/scandal, the Sharpton & Tawana Brawley scam, the NBC Dateline/exploding GM truck fuel tanks(rigged to explode--NBC staff/personnel/producers fired as a result & GM sued NBC), the Dan Rather hit story on President Bush(Rather was fired), etc. Seems like the left is more prone to go to these Machiavellian/devious methods than the right.
Your memory seems to be quite selective and only remembers the incidents that confirm your political views.

Only last year we learned that Andrew Breitbart aired(and Fox news ran with) an altered video of Shirley Sherrod appearing to voice racist beliefs and actions that soon got her fired from her job at the agriculture department.
Only later did we learn the Breitbart had edited the video in a manner similar to what NBC has done here.

But you didn't start a thread about that incident, did you?

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your memory seems to be quite selective and only remembers the incidents that confirm your political views.

Only last year we learned that Andrew Breitbart aired(and Fox news ran with) an altered video of Shirley Sherrod appearing to voice racist beliefs and actions that soon got her fired from her job at the agriculture department.
Only later did we learn the Breitbart had edited the video in a manner similar to what NBC has done here.

But you didn't start a thread about that incident, did you?

Did I not say, "I will concede that the right does not have a monopoly on the truth"? You brought up the Breitbart/Sherrod example. With the Zimmerman example there are already T-W-O networks involved in distortions of the truth. NBC with their "altered tapes" and ABC with their having to "redact"/"enhance"/"clarify" their first video to show that Zimmerman did indeed have an injury to the back of his head. IMHO, it is easier to find the lib MSM doing these type of things(Zimmerman example and the other examples previously mentioned) rather than the conservative MSM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom