Never Forget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1726069674466.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really wish we had a patriotic, TRUTHFUL, unbiased, moral, media.
Today should be filled with memorials, replaying of actual video and talk of the event.

Very few remember the attack on Pearl Harbor, but we were taught history, shown film, stories resold.
Twin Towers was 23 years ago, anybody under 30 has no recollection and many know little to nothing about the attack.
Can't forget, if you never know.
Any failure of our school system and media, at the direction of the Dumbasscraps rewriting history.

Those who ignore history may be wanting a repeat.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wish we had a patriotic, TRUTHFUL, unbiased, moral, media.
Today should be filled with memorials, replaying of actual video and talk of the event.

Very few remember the attack on Pearl Harbor, but we were taught history, shown film, stories resold.
Twin Towers was 23 years ago, anybody under 30 has no recollection and many know little to nothing about the attack.
Can't forget, if you never know.
Any failure of our school system and media, at the direction of the Dumbasscraps rewriting history.

Those who ignore history may be wanting a repeat.
Freudian slip?
You damn sure hit the mark.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
23 years ago today, I was in PA, having been just across the water in NJ the day before. We were scheduled to unload on the morning of the 11th, but receiver let us unload early so we could get on to the next load. Spent the night halfway between NYC and where Flight 93 went down. I walked into the truckstop, and saw everyone gathered at the TV display. That early in the year, didn't figure it was weather related.

Once I saw what was happening, I called my NG unit. I was set to ETS in Jan 2002 off my first enlistment, and could've with no problem. I chose not to, knowing full well what the future would probably hold. We got that call in Feb 2003. I know my decision affected parts of my life that still hold over until today, but if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing. Just wish we as a country could get back to the way things were the following weeks and months after 9/11/2001. The amount of first responders, heavy equipment, cranes, church and charity convoys I witnessed heading east as I crossed the country from east to west those next few days was amazing. Flags and banners hanging off overpasses everywhere as well. Hard to see what we live in now somedays...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still remember.

I had just made a huge jump to a new profession I had felt called too. The place I was working at was a chit hole. Was feeling like a chump and feeling sorry for myself. Went to the break area for a coffee refill and saw the second plane crash into the other tower.

Got over my pity party real quick.

Sidenote - I spent the next roughly 27 years at the same job and retired there.
Mathematician?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have the time, go watch/listen to episode 105 of Andy Stumpf’s Cleared Hot podcast. His guest on that show is Evy Poumpouras, who was with the Secret Service in their NYC office on 9/11. She gives her account of how she and other agents had gone to the site to render aid and was very close when one of the towers fell; IIRC, she survived by diving under a concrete (picnic?) table up next to a building.

Latest posts

Top Bottom