Good Nonstick Frying Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you can tell me how making gravy (or any other flour based recipe) in a seasoned cast iron skillet will not ruin the the seasoning.
Y’all can debate pans all you want… ^^ this @Mos Eisley comment has me wondering how I made gravy in the same cast iron skillet all these years, and kept the darned thing seasoned pretty good. I’ll play dumb and ask — Why does flour based gravy affect a cast iron skillet??

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y’all can debate pans all you want… ^^ this @Mos Eisley comment has me wondering how I made gravy in the same cast iron skillet all these years, and kept the darned thing seasoned pretty good. I’ll play dumb and ask — Why does flour based gravy affect a cast iron skillet??
They bake cornbread pretty fair too. Box mixes usually have some flour in them. Biscuits? Yep. Works just fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made enough gravy in my Lodge cast iron to feed an army. Never had to re-season.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo you’ve had zero interest in everyone’s suggestions?

Generally when someone starts a thread and asks an open ended question or purposes a topic it’s ok for folks to chime in with various discussion. Everyone has different experiences and opinions. We can all throw in our two cents. Then OP and anyone reading can sift through the discussion and learn new things along the way. That’s how a forum works… it’s not “preaching”

OP is basically admitting he’s an old grump. The Attitude confirms it. Probably too cheap to buy nice cookware as well.

Listen, good skillets are $200-$300+… until you’re prepared to spend that, just keep dealing with the warped cheap stuff.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo you’ve had zero interest in everyone’s suggestions?

Generally when someone starts a thread and asks an open ended question or purposes a topic it’s ok for folks to chime in with various discussion. Everyone has different experiences and opinions. We can all throw in our two cents. Then OP and anyone reading can sift through the discussion and learn new things along the way. That’s how a forum works… it’s not “preaching”

OP is basically admitting he’s an old grump. The Attitude confirms it. Probably too cheap to buy nice cookware as well.

Listen, good skillets are $200-$300+… until you’re prepared to spend that, just keep dealing with the warped cheap stuff.
… or seasoned cast iron for a modest price!

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
… or seasoned cast iron for a modest price!
I do like cast iron. We have a pretty good collection of lodge stuff. But cast-iron is more maintenance intensive and requires more specific treatment. Seasoned cast-iron is great for a person who wants to learn how to mess with it.

But for the average housewife or family who wants to be able to toss dirty pans into dishwasher, use any utensils, zero maintenance, soak overnight in a messy sink, etc… For that a nice hex clad type nonstick stainless is hard to beat.

Similar to a 1911 vs a Glock lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom