Good Nonstick Frying Pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear differing things about Calphalon. Any reviews by you on that?

EXACTLY what what my dilemma is! There are too many pans and no idea if they are what I want. Amazon is ripe with fake reviews lately. My biggest issue is the heavy bottom thing. Like I said...warping is a big issue these days when the .gov is limiting us to electric and induction stoves those asshats can "trust" us with.
I'm with you on the Amazon review thing. I can vouch for the All Clad and we moved to it from Calphalon. Our Calphalon ones would meet your needs other than the nonstick part. I do think Calphalon has different models so maybe there is one more nonstick than ours.

If you were local, I'd bring both over to let you see. If there's a Williams-Sonoma close to you, I think they carry both so you could feel and compare.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me be more specific...I have been used to large SKILLETS, not Dutch ovens, that I can fry large amounts and make gravy afterwards. My wife likes making large amounts of rice in them, with the lid as an integral part. They make what I want, but are extremely cheap these days...from what I've seen.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1724780382139.png

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All Clad Stainless is amazing. I've used the D3, D5 and Copper Core and love them all. I wont buy retail as they get pricy quick. I generally pick them up at TJ Max.
Also, you might look at Smithey Ironworks Carbon Steel. I have a couple of their cast iron which are my favorite. I've not tried their carbon steel, but it might fit your needs.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All Clad Stainless is amazing. I've used the D3, D5 and Copper Core and love them all. I wont buy retail as they get pricy quick. I generally pick them up at TJ Max.
Also, you might look at Smithey Ironworks Carbon Steel. I have a couple of their cast iron which are my favorite. I've not tried their carbon steel, but it might fit your needs.
If you've found All Clad D5 at TJ Maxx, I will make sure my wife goes more often! $200-300 per skillet does add up fast!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please...no preaching to me about whatever you know about cooking. I know what I want and I'm sure after my years on this Earth, you aren't telling me about anything. I'm seriously not trying to be a dick. I just want to know about specifically what I asked.
Coulda fooled us

goinshootin

New to the site!
Reaction score
Let me say... I'm a fairly expert, quite old, cook. I know about my cookware. I know about cast iron, stainless, etc, etc. I know what I need. I need a very large, non stick skillet with a lid. I'm tired of pans I get at WM, Sams, or Costco that warp after a few uses. I want a heavy bottom, non stick, very large, skillet with a lid. That's tough to GOOGLE or find on Amazon.
Hexclad is fantastic, stainless steel and non-stick with no worry of coating coming off and contaminating the food, heavy so they don’t warp, great quality handles, good sizes, heavy metal rimmed glass lids with quality handles, handwash or dishwasher safe, stovetop (compatible with all cooktops) and oven safe…but they’re pricey and some sizes can be somewhat difficult to find. Even so, you’ll probably never have to buy a replacement. They’re sold on Amazon as well as their own website. There are a few knockoffs as well, but I can’t vouch for them

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite is a Member's Mark from Sam's. Pretty heavy and haven't scratched. Been using the same small skillet for 15 years.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had to warranty a Calphalon Premier skillet for warpage. They honored the warranty but were out of the exact skillet I shipped back. They gave me a choice of several and I picked out a bigger one. It's a beast of a skillet with a flat lid that makes stacking a breeze. They are very nice, but honestly I just don't like cooking in aluminum. It dissipates heat too fast and you end up overheating them if you want to sear. Cast iron, carbon steel or stainless is what you want if you don't want one to warp. :twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom