New Arcadia range change of location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are still looking at the $120 and additional $25 for spouse and children under 21. There is no plans of capping memberships however if need be we will. There is a day use fee for non members of $10.

Members can shoot sun up to sun down 7 days a week while non members 10am-6pm (Times will change over time). Special events such as Halloween zombie shoots, will be for members only. To help keep the range clean and benefit our members you will also be allowed to pick up and keep brass at the end or beginning of each day. Metal and other reactive targets will be available to members only when they come available.

We still plan on having prone firing positions that anyone can use. As planned we are keeping pistol and long guns separate for now. We want this range to be overall enjoyable if you have any ideas of improvements to the game plan let me know and I promise you it will be considered.

HeavyChevy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are still looking at the $120 and additional $25 for spouse and children under 21. There is no plans of capping memberships however if need be we will. There is a day use fee for non members of $10.

Members can shoot sun up to sun down 7 days a week while non members 10am-6pm (Times will change over time). Special events such as Halloween zombie shoots, will be for members only. To help keep the range clean and benefit our members you will also be allowed to pick up and keep brass at the end or beginning of each day. Metal and other reactive targets will be available to members only when they come available.

We still plan on having prone firing positions that anyone can use. As planned we are keeping pistol and long guns separate for now. We want this range to be overall enjoyable if you have any ideas of improvements to the game plan let me know and I promise you it will be considered.

Sounds awesome. Count me in for a membership. Been looking for a place to shoot around Norman for years. Oh, and when can we start signing up for memberships? I'd like to ASAP.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Count my wife and I in for membership!

Are there plans for an area for more "dynamic" shooters?

Also, any limitations on ammo type? I understand no steel core for the steel targets, obviously.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no plans of capping memberships however if need be we will.

How are you going to police the area to ensure only members or paid non-members are shooting there?

Capping membership sounds elitist at first, but if it ends up being a parking lot there with crowded lanes, you'll lose folks in a hurry.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checking in with the office is a must for everyone. I do not believe in the honor box system that so many other ranges do use. Once you see the lay out you will understand, its a long way to travel if your not using the access point. If we ever did decide to cap off memberships in the future key fobs could be issued to each member.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count my wife and I in for membership!

Are there plans for an area for more "dynamic" shooters?

Also, any limitations on ammo type? I understand no steel core for the steel targets, obviously.

We would like to keep fires to minimum so tracers are a no go on our range. We are floating an idea of a dynamic area. We have turned a gully into a self sustained area we might use for pistol. Its pretty freaking cool, its more than I imagined it could be when we started off on this project.This has a slope down entrance ramp to the range itself. There are so many things we could do wth this area. The possibilities are really endless, once all the clearing is completed. I was quoted this Sunday for clearing completion. We can truly lay out the range the way it was thought out and make adjustments as needed.

monkeyjl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you going to allow .50BMG?

.50 BMG is a beast of a round, bring it out lets test it out to see if we can contain it safely. Honestly that's on the iffy side of things I don't own one and never fired one. I know your talking heavy heavy penetration there. These are dirt berms that will contain most rounds with out issue. The big ol .50 would be pushing limitations I think. If you would like we can seriously test it out before we open and make the final call there. Remember safety first... speaking of anyone have some Tannerite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom