New leak shows ATF planning on issuing rule to eliminate private sale of firearms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never understand the "normalcy bias" so many people have. Because something has not happened before in no way means it can't happen now. I understand many of the ATF's attacks have been stopped by injunctions but they are fighting those in court and it only takes ONE flipflop by SCOTUS and as I said in the OP "it's all over but the crying". This case is different because they're not relying on an interpretation of a regulation but on actual law some RINO's helped pass. This administration has been obvious in their willingness to eviscerate the little guys, Why people in a gun related group continue to "whistle past the graveyard" while the ATF and DOJ constantly wipe their ass with the Constitution I'll never understand. "From your cold dead hands" is not the last option it's their go to move. Do as you please, ignore them at your own risk, but I for one have little confidence in John Roberts and most of our SCOTUS. The left is firmly in control of D.C. and has been for closing in on a century and D.C. is firmly in control of our country. Incrementalism is their forte and they're damn good at it. The administration actually had offices ON THE premises of Facebook, Google, and Twitter where they monitored (and still do in some cases) ANYONE who criticized this out of control administration or supported Trump. Just because it never has does not mean IT CAN"T HAPPEN HERE! For almost a 100 years people have wondered how a civilized society could get to the point where it exterminated 6 million human beings for having a different religion. In case you missed it turn on your TV and you'll see hundreds of thousands marching in AMERICA demanding the extinction of Israel. Sorry but IT CAN HAPPEN HERE!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never understand the "normalcy bias" so many people have. Because something has not happened before in no way means it can't happen now. I understand many of the ATF's attacks have been stopped by injunctions but they are fighting those in court and it only takes ONE flipflop by SCOTUS and as I said in the OP "it's all over but the crying". This case is different because they're not relying on an interpretation of a regulation but on actual law some RINO's helped pass. This administration has been obvious in their willingness to eviscerate the little guys, Why people in a gun related group continue to "whistle past the graveyard" while the ATF and DOJ constantly wipe their ass with the Constitution I'll never understand. "From your cold dead hands" is not the last option it's their go to move. Do as you please, ignore them at your own risk, but I for one have little confidence in John Roberts and most of our SCOTUS. The left is firmly in control of D.C. and has been for closing in on a century and D.C. is firmly in control of our country. Incrementalism is their forte and they're damn good at it. The administration actually had offices ON THE premises of Facebook, Google, and Twitter where they monitored (and still do in some cases) ANYONE who criticized this out of control administration or supported Trump. Just because it never has does not mean IT CAN"T HAPPEN HERE! For almost a 100 years people have wondered how a civilized society could get to the point where it exterminated 6 million human beings for having a different religion. In case you missed it turn on your TV and you'll see hundreds of thousands marching in AMERICA demanding the extinction of Israel. Sorry but IT CAN HAPPEN HERE!
Talking and voting no longer works. The republicans and democrats in office are one of the same ppl. I just wish there were measures put in place by our forefathers (greatest generation of all time) for times like these but since they didn’t I guess we are suppose to bow down and listen.
I also wish that my father, grandfather and Great grandfather along with friends and family weren’t so stupid to keep these life long politicians in office and had put a stop to the NFA along with bans, rules, laws that go against our constitution an such documents.
I guess this is what they wanted?
Had they been educated on history they may have foreseen this.
What generation allowed the NFA to continue? Was it the greatest?
There no punishment in our country for tyranny except for civilians. Government is not held accountable for anything especially for tyranny.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I agree with some of this and disagree with some of this.

First question is one I've asked many times over many years and it's this... So, what is your solution? If you have a viable solution I'm all ears. Because I don't.

I do agree the entire DOJ is corrupt and consider it an enemy of the state. But I don't have a solution for dealing with that, either.

I'll also give credit where due. SCOTUS gave us the Bruen decision. That decision will be the bane of anti-gunners for a long time. And overturning a decision is possible, but doesn't happen often...at least not in the really landmark cases. We've had several SCOTUS decisions in the past 15 - 20 years that have been very positive for gun owners. It's my opinion this is where we can really make a difference and it's the best place to fight the anti-gun agenda. That and never vote democrat. If you vote for a democrat, regardless of how good you think the individual person is, you strengthen the party as a whole. That's just how our system works, right or wrong.

I also disagree that republicans and democrats are the same. They may share some of the same bad habits that seem to be inherent in being elected to political office but they're not the same on many issues that affect us every day. Frankly, I think it's the voter that tends to vote non-democrat that's a bigger problem. People who tend to vote for republicans will cut off their nose to spite their face if a republican candidate doesn't 100% follow their personal agenda. And that's very frustrating. The "never Trump" types are a perfect example. They'd rather have 4 years of this Biden disaster than see Trump elected again. Personally, I'd rather see someone else on the ballot besides Trump. But you can bet your ass I'll vote for him over ANY democrat. Say what you will about democrats but they stick by their party candidates. And the party is what matters in our system whether you like it or not. The problem with republicans is you can't get two of them to agree on anything.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty- "Thomas Jefferson"

I don't believe there's any record of Jefferson ever having said that...even though he might have agreed with the premise.

Regardless... At any given time, a minority percentage of the population might agree we're under tyrannical rule. At the same time, a majority of the population doesn't. And we've never seen real tyranny or political hardship in this country. There are isolated instances of government run amok...but nothing like real persecution against large segments of the population that have happened in various places around the world by the real monsters.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I actually love your conclusions, but I absolutely love that I'm not the only person who expects things to go to heck. It's said that as California goes, the entire nation eventually follows. I left Cali in 1973 because I thought it was getting bad there and then. And somehow they have exceeded my wildest negative expectations. If the rest of the country goes as they have, there's no place left to go. And I'm too old, fat, and broken down to do much more than nag my congresscritters. Today is my 69th birthday. I really can't see my health getting much better than it is now. So sucky health, sucky situation, and far too many people who think this crap is desirable make me wonder if there is anything left to be hopeful about. Though I will continue to nag the congrescritters. Might as well, can't dance.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty- "Thomas Jefferson"
This is literally just a statement that past Americans lived by. Today’s American just use it as a statement with no action. If a man or group stands up the whole country is quick to shoot them down then complain when government over reachs

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

First question is one I've asked many times over many years and it's this... So, what is your solution? If you have a viable solution I'm all ears. Because I don't.

I do agree the entire DOJ is corrupt and consider it an enemy of the state. But I don't have a solution for dealing with that, either.

I'll also give credit where due. SCOTUS gave us the Bruen decision. That decision will be the bane of anti-gunners for a long time. And overturning a decision is possible, but doesn't happen often...at least not in the really landmark cases. We've had several SCOTUS decisions in the past 15 - 20 years that have been very positive for gun owners. It's my opinion this is where we can really make a difference and it's the best place to fight the anti-gun agenda. That and never vote democrat. If you vote for a democrat, regardless of how good you think the individual person is, you strengthen the party as a whole. That's just how our system works, right or wrong.

I also disagree that republicans and democrats are the same. They may share some of the same bad habits that seem to be inherent in being elected to political office but they're not the same on many issues that affect us every day. Frankly, I think it's the voter that tends to vote non-democrat that's a bigger problem. People who tend to vote for republicans will cut off their nose to spite their face if a republican candidate doesn't 100% follow their personal agenda. And that's very frustrating. The "never Trump" types are a perfect example. They'd rather have 4 years of this Biden disaster than see Trump elected again. Personally, I'd rather see someone else on the ballot besides Trump. But you can bet your ass I'll vote for him over ANY democrat. Say what you will about democrats but they stick by their party candidates. And the party is what matters in our system whether you like it or not. The problem with republicans is you can't get two of them to agree on anything.
Well said. Iv said the same thing for a while now, democrats tell you what they want and what they are going to do. They are good at rallying and sticking together. On the other hand as you said republicans can’t or won’t agree on anything. They do not stick together, most the rinos do not have a backbone when under pressure it seems they cave. When you mentioned the non dem voters will cut their nose to spite their face, your 💯 correct.

My conclusion on why the parties are this way—-

Democrats like or want some sort of social/ communism so naturally they will stick together. It’s natural to them
Collective thought

Republicans love individualism/ capitalism with American values of every man for himself but at the time will help those in need.
Individual thought

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Here here , Well said

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom