New Toy Inbound to SSP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool. I like it.
I just ordered my dream rifle and it's being mailed to SSP.
SLR107 triangle folder. I got some bulgy bake guard furniture and some rare 7.62 Bakelite mags for it!!!!! Soooo stoked.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool looking gun. Can you give a price range on this? You also said .308, is that a different configuration for the AK? Please pardon my ignorance.

Jeff

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep it's a Super Vepr .308! I've wanted one for a LONG time and they just started being re-imported this year, so saved up and now I'll finally have one soon.

For those that aren't familiar with the Veprs, they are basically the Cadillacs of the AK platform rifles. Heavy duty RPK reinforced receivers, heavy duty chrome lined fluted target barrel, integral compensator, chrome-lined guts, etc...

The Super Veprs are 1 MOA.

Well..the SLR-107 didn't work out. Budsgunshop.com has horrible service so I canceled my order when they decided they still didn't have time to ship it yet, days after their (3-7 day processing time).....
So, I went shopping around today and at the end of the day I found myself at Mustang Pawn & Gun. Sitting on the back wall was a very interesting rifle. The VEPR 308 with a side scope mount and an original Russiam VOMZ P4x32 scope. The gun has a 20" bbl and walnut stock in perfect condition. The thick 1.5mm receiver, RPK trunnion, and heavy barrel was a plus but the thing that made me take it home was the super smooth solid action of this tank of a rifle. Cadillac of Kalashnikov rifle for sure.

So I ended up getting a VEPR 308 and as I was walking out I remembered this thread.
I am VERY VERY happy with this gun. I'm glad budsgunshop customer service agents are rude or I would of never of found this awesome Russian deer slayer.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep it's a Super Vepr .308! I've wanted one for a LONG time and they just started being re-imported this year, so saved up and now I'll finally have one soon.

For those that aren't familiar with the Veprs, they are basically the Cadillacs of the AK platform rifles. Heavy duty RPK reinforced receivers, heavy duty chrome lined fluted target barrel, integral compensator, chrome-lined guts, etc...

The Super Veprs are 1 MOA.

That is a beautiful rifle! AK's have always been functional, but also quite ugly, while that one is about as good-looking a semi-auto as I've ever seen. If it shoots as good as it looks, you'll have a winner. I hope you don't have much longer to wait...enjoy!

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well..the SLR-107 didn't work out. Budsgunshop.com has horrible service so I canceled my order when they decided they still didn't have time to ship it yet, days after their (3-7 day processing time).....
So, I went shopping around today and at the end of the day I found myself at Mustang Pawn & Gun. Sitting on the back wall was a very interesting rifle. The VEPR 308 with a side scope mount and an original Russiam VOMZ P4x32 scope. The gun has a 20" bbl and walnut stock in perfect condition. The thick 1.5mm receiver, RPK trunnion, and heavy barrel was a plus but the thing that made me take it home was the super smooth solid action of this tank of a rifle. Cadillac of Kalashnikov rifle for sure.

So I ended up getting a VEPR 308 and as I was walking out I remembered this thread.
I am VERY VERY happy with this gun. I'm glad budsgunshop customer service agents are rude or I would of never of found this awesome Russian deer slayer.

Awesome! Is yours a Super Vepr or the Hunter?

did you post pics of it?

I've been so exited with rifle I guess I forgot the golden rule of posting pics!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom