New Truck, Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyjseay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't take offense to this as I am addressing the next couple posts as well.

I have driven trucks of every manufacturer, and rating there of. I can tell you that I would GLADLY put 10,000lbs behind this Tundra LONG before I would my 88' GMC 1 Ton. It now has about 58,000 miles on it and aside from a ridiculous amount of HP and a nice granny 4-speed, it's a towing wimp!!! factory installed BUMPER for 12,000!!! COME ON!!! It was originally sold to the El Paso water district and auction off as it came. I still would never hook that kind of weight to a bumper, let alone that truck!

Piss poor suspension and stock tires, sorry bushings and anti-sway, and most of all, half of the braking that my Tundra has.

I stated that my truck is a 3/4 ton, because 1. IT IS! 1500lbs is 3/4's of a standard ton! 2. We received an ad that actually got me thinking and looking at these trucks that was in type "3/4 Ton 4X4", NEW 2010 Tundra, etc. etc., hey say it's the local dealer, but as far as I know that is still Toyota. Moreover I am still old I guess and call that 3/4 ton. I don't tell my friends that when they ask that "My truck has a one thousand five hundred pound total carry capacity from empty curb weight".

I also SERIOUSLY doubt that the skimping generic crap that the big 3 are producing on tax return revenue could hold a candle to what Toyota or Nissan is doing right now. You buy a vehicle from a bankrupt company that is giving their exec's bonuses, your paying for crap because that is what they can afford to sell to you.

I used to love GM and Ford, but in the last 3 years they have sold nothing but electronics and 2nd rate seats. If you need something to use for work, don't buy it from a union operated, gov't owned, bankrupt company of suited billionaires.....

Dodge has always sucked.... They can buy all the stamped valve covers they like for their crap engines and transmissions, but their record speaks for itself.

:rant:

Are you really trying to compare a new tundra with a 1988 gmc?

Latest posts

Top Bottom