No More Wilson Combat @ H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, yes I am biased, it is a better gun than the Wilson. Brown's service is excellent. The same features will also run less money. Dealer support appears to be better as well.

I also like Ed Brown 1911 better than Wilson Combat 1911. I don't know much about there CS as I've dealt with either one before. I just like the way that Ed Brown built their 1911. It fit my hand better and I shoot better with it.

I am glad that you all are going to carry Ed Brown now. I'll enjoy looking at it next time I go shoot there.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was probably H&H's prices on Wilsons as H&H has gotten ridiculously high on their stuff. I remember seeing their Supergrades near retail, and they weren't moving. No way they are or were close to being 1st in the nation.... otherwise.... why would they drop Wilson?

Ed Brown makes a nice 1911 for sure, but they aren't putting out the same product Wilson is when it comes to their frames and their billet parts, and Wilson definately offers more custom features, better finish and better mags. That being said, either company puts out a reliable and quality product that will last longer than most would care to shoot it.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way they are or were close to being 1st in the nation....

2008...H&H was Wilson's #1 retailer for long guns, and #2 overall.

We never priced our Wilson products at any price but what was required of our Master Dealer agreement. Anyone selling them for less is/was either violating their agreement with Wilson, or reselling after buying from someone jobbing them out instead of direct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom