Nobody is buying s**t these days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this on another board, in answer to the same question:
"I have seen this question, also, on other gun forums.
For my self, there is a reason, but it seems to apply to others, too.
Not simply price. Certainly price, but also, peoples useable money.
Also, that lack of useable money, has people looking at what a certain gun is really worth.
For example, for me, is the price of AMT pistols.
The people selling them have bumped their damn heads. Scarcity doesn't exactly equate to rarity. They are scarce because, for the most part, they were junk when new.
They are Just NOT Worth what people are asking, and buyers don't have the extra money to just say screw it.
Or to quote that idiot James Carville, "It's the economy....""

Joe

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What one has to ask, is if there are great deals out there, why aren't you buying? Would you have taken advantage of the "great deals" 4 years ago? If you would have then and not now, you know there are issues with the economy.

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive considered the same but just not really ready to let things go at the moment or thats what my brain tells me anyway.
Yeah, it's hard to let go of something you've put so much of time, money, and heart into for so long. But common sense has to come into play somewhere. Like my last purchase. A 1911/45 ACP. Shoots like a dream. Fits like a glove. Only had 19 rounds ran through it. I totally love it and have waited a long time to get one. But... after taking it to the range and working with it unloaded, I found that I am no longer strong enough to work the action and go through the clearing process quickly to get it back into battery, as I should in case of a misfire in an emergency situation. Best to sell it now and use those I can control.

Latest posts

Top Bottom