NRA sits out gunfight with feds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good idea,let's picket the ONE really effective political lobby we have because we don't agree with some of their stands.If it wasn't for the NRA we would be in FAR worse shape than we are today.You don't like their stance let them know in mass. Steve

+1.

Can't see the point of throwing political and financial capital into feel-good legislation that won't stand the test of the high court.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea,let's picket the ONE really effective political lobby we have because we don't agree with some of their stands.If it wasn't for the NRA we would be in FAR worse shape than we are today.You don't like their stance let them know in mass. Steve

Nobody's talking about picketing the GOA, it's not fair to drag them into this.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1.

Can't see the point of throwing political and financial capital into feel-good legislation that won't stand the test of the high court.

Who made the Supreme Court the sole interpreter of the Constitution? Montana's law is an example of a State deciding that federal law is wrong and unconstitutional, and nullifying it within their boundaries, regardless of what the feds or the Supreme Court or anybody else says about it. This is known as "nullification." It has been done several times throughout our nation's history, starting with the Virginia and Kentucky resolutions (nullifying the Alien and Sedition Acts).

One reason I can see the NRA being scared of backing nullification is that a lot of people associate it with segregation and slavery, since nullification was used in support of those things. I know, its an ignorant reason to object to nullification, but I suppose the NRA isn't immune from the disease of PC.

Also, I suppose nullification is considered a "radical" or "extremist" strategy by some, maybe even some in the NRA... it could lead to a confrontation between a state and the feds.

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually the Constitution makes the Supreme Court the final say on whats Constitutional.

States have nullifide federal law, but its the Supreme Court that decides if it was Constitutional. Many state laws have been nullifided by the Supreme Court as UnConstitutional.

I think it will be very interesting to see if the states can weaken the federal government before the New World Order siezes control!

Ahhh gotta find my foil hat.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who made the Supreme Court the sole interpreter of the Constitution?

You're kidding right?

I like the idea of these "firearms freedom" laws, but until I see one stand up to a high court challenge...or see a single manufacturer/dealer have the stones to give it a whirl, I'm not buying in.

Has anyone in the states that have passed this legislation actually tested it? I doubt it.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You're kidding right?

I like the idea of these "firearms freedom" laws, but until I see one stand up to a high court challenge...or see a single manufacturer/dealer have the stones to give it a whirl, I'm not buying in.

Has anyone in the states that have passed this legislation actually tested it? I doubt it.
we would have at least had a frackin chance with a new pro gun A.G. next year and and a contitutionalist governor.BUt sadly we have a milk toast teacher/preacher as governor who vetoed ours, a politcal upwardly mobile anti gun A.G and a Union serving legislature afraid of they're own shadow.
But I agree we at least have to challenge it.While we still have a 5-4 chance. Who knows in 2 years it may be 5-4 the other way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom