'Nuff said...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"What about phones with GPSs? How are you going to deal with that? Most legislators won't think. What about people who use their cellphone for music? Is that going to be banned?"

FIFY

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all new phones could have gps, if car is moving faster than 1mph or what ever speed the phone could be programed to not work

Thats gonna kinda suck for everyone in the car who isn't the driver. Also, most GPS on phones I've seen can be turned off due to the fact they suck down the battery so fast

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have technolgy now that kills your cellphone upon entering your vehicle. Expect them to to make all car mfg. comply with the installation of these units soon.

Your government knows whats best for you. When are you all going to get it? States dont know jack.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yay, more ineffectual legislation.

Also, as someone who was nearly killed by an elderly driver, I enjoy how they are a protected class above suffering the indignity of reevaluation.

16 and 60 should be the test requirements, then every 5 years after 60. I'm not trying to pick on older people, but with failing eyesight/reflexes/sanity it should be mandatory.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have technolgy now that kills your cellphone upon entering your vehicle. Expect them to to make all car mfg. comply with the installation of these units soon.

Your government knows whats best for you. When are you all going to get it? States dont know jack.

They didnt say anything about being a passenger and texting or talking while the vehicle is in motion. I am sure they have something like this, but dont see it being utilized. Even if they do, there will be about 10,000 15 year old hackers posting all over the web about how to bypass it, just like the in dash navigations that play dvd's but are supposed to stop when the vehicle is taken out of park. I havnt bypassed mine, but I did find page after page of videos on youtube about how to do it.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap legislation they're working on up there on the hill. Makes you feel good that they're getting to the important stuff first. Fargin iceholes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom