OHP UNION thinks only LEO's should be allowed to carry weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
welp, all for the right to carry...open or closed.
I probably wont open carry as I really dont want the whole world know know how big my willie is.......;)..........that being said, after over 30 years of constant carry, I find it refreshing to choose when and what I carry if I want to.

If its a hot day and I am in shorts and a T (:hellno:) I will probably slip my .32 terrier or derringer in my pocket...............other wise, I will have baby on my hip and the bad guy, well, he just wont have a clue until the last............

Carry if you want , open or closed, I dont care.............just dont look stupid while your doing it.....cause ya just cant fix stupid:giveup:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms [within his own lands or tenements]" -- Thomas Jefferson

Yet, thanks to Pierce v State, a man can seldom openly carry a loaded firearm on his own property.
And there are people who consider themselves 2A proponents who don't want that man to be able to openly carry on his own property.

That is just disgusting.

Now here we have a process whereby you can get a license to get part of your rights back, and the OSTA opposes that.
Even more disgusting.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference being: If an LEO accidentally "prints" or exposes his firearm because his shirt rides up, he/she doesn't get in trouble. Non-LEO can be punished for this so called "crime".

You are far from the first to bring that argument up. That is about the weakest argument for open carry. Nobody on here, law enforcement or civilian, has provided evidence of anyone getting anything more than a hey I can see your gun type warning.

chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the Oklahoma State Troopers Association one of the groups cold calling residents asking for money? If so, this is a big reason to say NO!

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
C'mon.........

Are you simply trying to create dissension?

I'm pretty confident that the cops here conceal their weapons when they are out of uniform. I'm not quite sure how that equates to an "us vs. them" situation.

Michael Brown

It comes down to one simple thing.

What could happen to you if your weapon is inadvertantly exposed and some bliss ninny calls in a man with a gun to 911?

Vs. Joe Citizen who could face criminal charges, fines, and loss of permit.

To paraphrase Joe Biden, It's a big F*&$-& Deal.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

What could happen to you if your weapon is inadvertantly exposed and some bliss ninny calls in a man with a gun to 911?

Well said

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The exact same thing could happen to a LEO! It's all about who is handling the situation.

You are far from the first to bring that argument up. That is about the weakest argument for open carry. Nobody on here, law enforcement or civilian, has provided evidence of anyone getting anything more than a hey I can see your gun type warning.

I challenge anyone here to give any credible instance of someone being charged for their gun printing.....Loudshirt is exactly right, it's always a "hey, you might want to fix that..."

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The exact same thing could happen to a LEO! It's all about who is handling the situation.

I challenge anyone here to give any credible instance of someone being charged for their gun printing.....Loudshirt is exactly right, it's always a "hey, you might want to fix that..."

+1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom