OHP UNION thinks only LEO's should be allowed to carry weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does it matter? Why all the bickering? If you don't want to open carry, then don't. If you do want to carry, then do it, once it's legal to do so.

Seems pretty simple to me. I won't say you shouldn't carry concealed, just don't tell me I shouldn't carry open. Or vice-versa.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's fine. But pick a subject that you can actually have some impact on. This is either going to happen, or it's not. And what anyone, including LEOs or their Unions, thinks about it is irrelevant.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why? Because this is a forum where we exchange and compare ideas...what good would it be if we all just agreed all the time on every subject?

You're exactly right,that's the way it should be.Unfortunately many people sound like they're foaming at the mouth (intentionally or not) while they're posting.Back on topic,many trade unions don't represent their membership on ALL issues.MB is right,in a perfect world they would do what they are intended to do and not get involved in political issues not concerning labor issues.The troopers I've spoken to are as divided as the members of this forum are on open carry.One last thing,since December of 1989,I have carried almost all size and configuration of pistol and revolver concealed.In that time they have printed and occasionally my cover garment has ridden up when sitting down.If it hasn't happened to you,you haven't carried very long.I have never been challenged or even spoken to when it occured.My belief is that most people,the few that even notice,think I'm LE and go about thier business.As someone else said,I've never heard of anyone anywhere being prosecuted for such an offense. Steve

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It comes down to one simple thing.

What could happen to you if your weapon is inadvertantly exposed and some bliss ninny calls in a man with a gun to 911?

Vs. Joe Citizen who could face criminal charges, fines, and loss of permit.

To paraphrase Joe Biden, It's a big F*&$-& Deal.

The same thing would happen to me as would happen to you. Someone might get pissed or they might not.

If what you are arguing is that LE receive disparate treatment in some issues, I won't argue that at all.

However that is not what this is about. If that IS what this is about then the solution would be to compel agencies to enforce the laws we have not create new ones to satisfy a so far undocumented need.

If it is purely a 2nd Amendment issue, we will probably go around and around about that and while I personally find that to be the most compelling argument for concealed carry, I believe it is the least supportable in court.

Michael Brown

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the Oklahoma State Troopers Association one of the groups cold calling residents asking for money? If so, this is a big reason to say NO!

No. OSTA does not solicit from anyone except Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troopers, and that is less of a "hey, do you wanna?" and more like a "this is going to be automatically removed from your check every month, because if you are a Trooper, you are a member of OSTA."

Thank you for playing ...

And before anyone gets started, sure you can make donations via a telephone call or the website, but YOU have to go to them ... THEY don't come to you ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but it's their association. If they disagree with the "official voice" of the troopers themselves, perhaps they should let that be known publicly? Until then, I'm forced to believe that they oppose law abiding citizens fully exercising their 2nd Amendment rights like those in 43 other states can.

Perhaps Glock Cop could enlighten us?

PM inbound.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I hear the "printing" arguement, I cant help but think of it as an excuse for justifying the use of crappy holsters.

Really? So my CUSTOM holsters made by a very good craftsman is a crappy holster? Maybe it has more to do with what I CONSIDER adequate fire power, and what my attire DUE TO WORK and SOCIAL LIFE has to look like. There is lots more to it then just talking about how somebody should get another holster...

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want it to pass so I can set my gun on the seat of my truck again.... carry it in normal situations like hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking again, without it having to be hidden in my pack, tackle box, under my shirt or jacket so the deer will not see it when I am bow hunting....etc.... As far as concealed carry being a privilege I miss spoke.... this is a right that we should not even be having this discussion with our elected officials or begging our Governor for as this is our RIGHT.... there should not even be a license requirement as the constitution did not say "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed with a state approved CCW license"..

Whether we carry open, closed, concealed, loaded or unloaded.... it is a right given to us by god, guaranteed by our constitution and supposedly protected by our elected officials.... Who cares how you carry, what you carry, when you carry, bottom line is I just want our rights restored, and unused right is the easiest to take away....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will save this quote for the future when TSA is bound to issue some sort of stupid opinion on some matter.:slap:

Michael Brown

I do not have the option of a union to represent me. TSA is an "excepted service" and is barred from union representation. In this matter, I have fewer rights than you do. I do not have the luxury of a FLEOA, OSTA or FOP.

So feel free to post about TSA stupidity. I'll most likely agree! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom