OHP UNION thinks only LEO's should be allowed to carry weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want it to pass so I can set my gun on the seat of my truck again.... carry it in normal situations like hunting, fishing, camping, backpacking again, without it having to be hidden in my pack, tackle box, under my shirt or jacket so the deer will not see it when I am bow hunting....etc.... As far as concealed carry being a privilege I miss spoke.... this is a right that we should not even be having this discussion with our elected officials or begging our Governor for as this is our RIGHT.... there should not even be a license requirement as the constitution did not say "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed with a state approved CCW license"..

Whether we carry open, closed, concealed, loaded or unloaded.... it is a right given to us by god, guaranteed by our constitution and supposedly protected by our elected officials.... Who cares how you carry, what you carry, when you carry, bottom line is I just want our rights restored, and unused right is the easiest to take away....

Well put...too bad our elitist governor trying to protect his shot at being appointed by the POTUS doesn't feel the same.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it was vetoed... one man stands between a 2 house majority vote and the will of the people of our state???? this does not seem right???

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is close to my thoughts on the subject also.

Though I think it a bad idea, I also recognize it as a right.

When I hear the "printing" arguement, I cant help but think of it as an excuse for justifying the use of crappy holsters.

What happens when you get to the Post Office or other place it is not legal, and take your weapon from the holster to put it in the glove box? Then someone calls the police and you have just broken the law. This has happened. In the one case that I know of, the officer handled it in a very professional manor, but there are some officers out there that probably would not. Do you really want to depend on how an officer is feeling that day.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happens when you get to the Post Office or other place it is not legal, and take your weapon from the holster to put it in the glove box? Then someone calls the police and you have just broken the law. This has happened. In the one case that I know of, the officer handled it in a very professional manor, but there are some officers out there that probably would not.

That exact thing happened to a buddy of mine while he stopped at a 7 eleven... he took it off put it in his console and locked it up went into the store, got his icee and came out of the store to about three police cars waiting for him....

some geriatric lady saw him put it in his console and called 911 and said a guy was at the convenience store with a gun...

of course nothing was done but the lady was pissed that he was not hauled off to jail.... I think the nursing home let one out that day...

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess all of our henfighting didn't inspire dirty brad to do the right thing. I must say I'm shocked. That's sarcasm. I'm bored with all the bickering these days. Like many others, I can't think of when I'd want to open carry, but damn, if I want to, it's my right. Not sure why all the contention. It is almost like we don't WANT to get along with each other here anymore. I'm riding a horse.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a purely tactical standpoint it's retarded to say that a firearm that's visible is more of a threat than one that's hidden.

Makes one wonder what these clowns are really up to.

neverjeg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think open carry is a bad idea and don't support it but I don't really oppose it either.

Michael Brown

I am curious as to why you believe this is a bad idea. Concealed or open, it is in the room.

While this is not directed at you... I believe that most people just have a failed concept of what a gun is. It is the idea/fear in their head that is ruling, with exposure and normalization this would pass.

While I wouldn't open carry, I don't see where it is a bad idea and would certainly lighten the pressure on keeping your skirt down.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the Rank and File did not agree with the press release... they will handle it.
I did not care for the opinion the Association published... and if it was soley based on officer safety issues-- they should have stated that in a clearer way.
We have heard from several retired OHP officers who are leading the charge agains RINOS... And that State Rep from Sallisaw and Gov Milktoast have done more damage to this state's voters than any UNION ever could.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The exact same thing could happen to a LEO! It's all about who is handling the situation.

I challenge anyone here to give any credible instance of someone being charged for their gun printing.....Loudshirt is exactly right, it's always a "hey, you might want to fix that..."
"hey you might want to fix that "is not the way it's delt with when it's seen by Mayes county deputies,you get proned out disarmed and a gun stuck in your ear,even when you are on your own property.not to mention the 20 minute self-rightious lecture you get.No I didn't lose my license but it was brought up constantly during my unwarrented unneeded lecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom