OHP UNION thinks only LEO's should be allowed to carry weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"hey you might want to fix that "is not the way it's delt with when it's seen by Mayes county deputies,you get proned out disarmed and a gun stuck in your ear,even when you are on your own property.not to mention the 20 minute self-rightious lecture you get.No I didn't lose my license but it was brought up constantly during my unwarrented unneeded lecture.

Something tells me your situation was a little more than your gun just printing or shirt coming up and then the evil man coming and throwing you to he ground and then screwing a gun into your ear....

I think there's probably more to the story than what is being given....

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Something tells me your situation was a little more than your gun just printing or shirt coming up and then the evil man coming and throwing you to he ground and then screwing a gun into your ear....

I think there's probably more to the story than what is being given....
no not really,my gun and holster were showing because i was workingon my fenceline that was taken out by a drunk kid who flipped his new truck into the bar ditch,so lets try not to drag this disscussion in that ugly direction.:)

and by the way no one was thrown to the ground no gun was screwed into anyones earhole.I complyed with his orders,and got on the ground his weapon was mearly pointed in the direction, behind my ear,his knee in my back while he removed my gun from its holster and secured it for his safety.Very textbook and professional.(if you consider this all took place on my own property)not even any need for cuffs.just the lecture,He's actually a really cool guy now,we run into each other at the neighborhood cafe,no hard feelings on either side.It was just something that happened.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious as to why you believe this is a bad idea. Concealed or open, it is in the room.

I don't wish to re-type my response to this as I've already repeated myself in the zillion other open carry threads, so if you really want my opinion on it, just take a look at my recent post history on my profile and look for OC threads.

Michael Brown

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no not really,my gun and holster were showing because i was workingon my fenceline that was taken out by a drunk kid who flipped his new truck into the bar ditch,so lets try not to drag this disscussion in that ugly direction.:)

and by the way no one was thrown to the ground no gun was screwed into anyones earhole.I complyed with his orders,and got on the ground his weapon was mearly pointed in the direction, behind my ear,his knee in my back while he removed my gun from its holster and secured it for his safety.Very textbook and professional.(if you consider this all took place on my own property)not even any need for cuffs.just the lecture,He's actually a really cool guy now,we run into each other at the neighborhood cafe,no hard feelings on either side.It was just something that happened.

I wonder what his reaction would have been if it were deer season and you had a scoped high powered rifle?

Wasn't it Mayes County, several years ago, that left an inmate they were delivering to the mental hospital at Vinita cuffed to a tree or handrail or something? Something about it being the end of the shift and the sheriff hadn't authorized overtime? It may not have been Mayes County, but it was one of those northeastern counties.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who fears the power of the good citizen doesn't deserve any power of his own.

I don't think anyone is concerned about the "good" citizens.

Unfortunately no one has yet come up with a method to identify the good from the bad by sight.

I am around armed citizens all the time without any fear because I know them.

The unknowns will always be a question mark and not to feel uneasy around them is simply foolish.

Michael Brown

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I simply cannot agree that Naive = American.

Michael Brown

I'm going to assume that everyone is a threat until proven otherwise.............Too many people have died because they thought someone was a "good ol boy" and not a threat!

.....BUT, I will also treat everyone with respect, professionalism, and courtesy as long as they return the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom