Old Cemetery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found it but it will take a bit. Alfalfa county didn't exist in the early 1900's and was still part of Woods County.
I found an old Alfalfa county abstract book from 2002ish, but it doesn’t show who owned that parcel. Kyle Hadwiger is an attorney I’ve used in Cherokee, and at the time the abstract book was printed, he owned the property just north of mine. I’ll try to get in touch with him the next time I’m there to see what he can tell me.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that for the first time a few months ago, didn't know that was your place. What a great spot to metal detect.

There’s not a neighbor a mile or maybe two.

I don’t even hunt around my house, so I’m not really worried about any restrictions especially where this is located.

If you’ve got a good metal detector, we need to snoop around in there.

I do. When Ya goin?

If you can, look online for LIDAR images of that area. You might be surprised.

Y'all get ready to go detecting, count me in!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all get ready to go detecting, count me in!

IMG_6247.gif

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey @retrieverman, does the cemetery show up on this map of Alfalfa County cemeteries?

https://www.okcemeteries.net/alfalfa/alfalfa.htm
[email protected]

View attachment 421028

Welcome, I am Sharon Adams; I am the Alfalfa County Area Coordinator
Help me to make this one of the most informative sites on the internet.

If you have information on cemeteries, or would like to volunteer to photograph or transcribe a cemetery, please e-mail area coordinator.

A special "thanks" is due to Glenn & Verna Lea (Hutcheson) Shroads for accompanying the photo volunteer on photo trips, digging out, brushing off, chalking markers to make them readable.

Another special "thanks" is due to Loleta Leslie, Chairperson of the Cherokee Strip Volunteer Leage, who's given us permission to use the information in their book, "Alfalfa County Oklahoma Cemeteries".

If you have previously submitted information which has not been published on this site, please re-send the information to area coordinator.

Top half of Alfalfa County.

View attachment 421026

Bottom half of Alfalfa County.
View attachment 421027

The maps are bigger and easier to read on the website.
That’s pretty cool. I can see a couple parcels we used to goose hunt back in the day.
Also, there is a family cemetery that we go clean up every year. The new owner acquired it with the land purchase. He’s a young guy in his 30’s and even comes out to help. Incidentally, it’s not that far away, maybe 30 miles or so.
I know many of the backroads in the area. I bet I’ve driven by a few times.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s pretty cool. I can see a couple parcels we used to goose hunt back in the day.
Also, there is a family cemetery that we go clean up every year. The new owner acquired it with the land purchase. He’s a young guy in his 30’s and even comes out to help. Incidentally, it’s not that far away, maybe 30 miles or so.
I know many of the backroads in the area. I bet I’ve driven by a few times.
Me too. I used to ride a long with Delmar Coppock and Glenn Jenlink. Charlie was the Cherokee cop and later became sheriff. Every Wednesday one year he drove down to the city using back roads and stopped at my house for coffee and lies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom