One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noboby's buying that,you would have highlighted it if it was sarcasm.I know you know how to spell smart,just funny that you made a spelling error and then said you meant to do it.

Yes. You got me. I 100% completely meant to type "smart", but typed "smrat"... and I'm a liar. WOW. Anything to satisfy your e-peen. Should I harp on you about your grammar?:urwelcome:

(P.S. In case you couldn't tell, the above was sarcasm)

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes. You got me. I 100% completely meant to type "smart", but typed "smrat"... and I'm a liar. WOW. Anything to satisfy your e-peen. Should I harp on you about your grammar?:urwelcome:

(P.S. In case you couldn't tell, the above was sarcasm)

I won't waste my time with you anymore.Just get back on track here and go shop/eat where there are no signs.Just let us know where you won't go so Whitey,myself and others can patronize them.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously a passionate topic. I believe that most of us, the pro gun Right, view the 2A as the most important of our Constitutional rights. I know I do. That being said, when we promote the 2A over other rights, aren't we being a bit hypocritical? Who is to say that one is more important an another? While I believe that the 2A is what what truly guarantees that the others will be preserved, I do not believe that it trumps others in terms of "us versus them.". The pro-gun right is heavily scrutinized at every thing we do. As a result, we have to work harder a portraying a positive image than persons promoting other issues, such as free speech or freedom of religion. While most of us here would
Love to see the day that no restrictions exist as to where we can exercise our 2A rights, that is probably never going to come to fruition. I believe that our collective voice is better served promoting our values and beliefs than it is boycotting and bitching. Has anyone ever went into a store posted with a gun buster sign and explained to the management your point of view or asked them if they understand that persons legally carrying a firearm are required to be licensed and attend mandatory training? Many of them are ignorant of the laws and requirements. Obviously this isn't a good idea at the courthouse or post office, but why not a retail establishment? To me, this is a much better way of communicating the consequence of their little sign than simply going next door to shop.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't waste my time with you anymore.Just get back on track here and go shop/eat where there are no signs.Just let us know where you won't go so Whitey,myself and others can patronize them.

You know where I stand... I will always opt to do business with 2A-friendly businesses when I'm able. Just how I am.. /shrug. I'm not a bad guy, redmax. You & I are basically neighbors. I certainly hope you won't judge me based on our disagreement & differing opinions on this subject. I don't hold any grudges against anybody here, and wish nothing but the best for all here.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obviously a passionate topic. I believe that most of us, the pro gun Right, view the 2A as the most important of our Constitutional rights. I know I do. That being said, when we promote the 2A over other rights, aren't we being a bit hypocritical? Who is to say that one is more important an another? While I believe that the 2A is what what truly guarantees that the others will be preserved, I do not believe that it trumps others in terms of "us versus them.". The pro-gun right is heavily scrutinized at every thing we do. As a result, we have to work harder a portraying a positive image than persons promoting other issues, such as free speech or freedom of religion. While most of us here would
Love to see the day that no restrictions exist as to where we can exercise our 2A rights, that is probably never going to come to fruition. I believe that our collective voice is better served promoting our values and beliefs than it is boycotting and bitching. Has anyone ever went into a store posted with a gun buster sign and explained to the management your point of view or asked them if they understand that persons legally carrying a firearm are required to be licensed and attend mandatory training? Many of them are ignorant of the laws and requirements. Obviously this isn't a good idea at the courthouse or post office, but why not a retail establishment? To me, this is a much better way of communicating the consequence of their little sign than simply going next door to shop.

Most of the signs I see are corporate generated,i.e. Mazzio's, Sears,The manager has no say about them.I've become so ambivilant about them that I can't remember any mom and pop stores/restaurants that have them.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the signs I see are corporate generated,i.e. Mazzio's, Sears,The manager has no say about them.I've become so ambivilant about them that I can't remember any mom and pop stores/restaurants that have them.

Honestly, I dont pay attention anymore. Like others have said,... unless its explicitly prohibited under T21, I carry regardless. IF they find out and ask me to leave, I will gladly do so and realize that it was my error for not concealing properly and ultimately my error for not respecting their rights.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You know where I stand... I will always opt to do business with 2A-friendly businesses when I'm able. Just how I am.. /shrug. I'm not a bad guy, redmax. You & I are basically neighbors. I certainly hope you won't judge me based on our disagreement & differing opinions on this subject. I don't hold any grudges against anybody here, and wish nothing but the best for all here.

It's just an internet discussion forum.I never take anything too seriously unless it's a personal attack.Heated discussions occur all the time in the political forum as well as the "general chaos forum".If I had a problem with you I'd send a PM.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is a good point. It obviously isn't going to do much good talking to the day-manager about corporate policy. Possibly individually owned businesses, though. BTW, I am totally with you as to ignoring their signs. So far, I haven't been thrown out of any place...yet. Then again, I'm pretty careful about printing. Just another part of the responsibility that goes with carrying a gun.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think that a lot of anti-gun people are just scared and don't understand them.Although admirable,I don't think talking to them about their fear is going to generate a real positive change in them.Now if you can get them to a range,you've definitely got a shot(pun intended).I've never taken a non gun person to the range that didn't come away with a new opinion of firearms.Most want to go again and buy their own(gun, not a range HAHAHA).

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True, and *if* I really had property that was my business,... the only sign I would have is "No guns allowed if you would boycott me for not allowing guns. If you wouldnt boycott me, feel free to carry here."

Latest posts

Top Bottom