One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK,who do you think you are punishing by not patronizing a business? Do you think that the decision to post the sign was put to a vote with the employees? It was one,or maybe a few on a board,that made that decision.So let's be sure and punish the other 99% of the company who probably don't agree with the policy in the first place.They are just trying to do their jobs and feed their families.I'm not boycotting anybody.I will,however,ignore their silly signs "suggesting" I disarm myself before entering their establishment.If I'm careless enough to get caught,they can ask me to leave and I will and will probably not come back.In 22 years of carrying,that has not happened.Gun buster signs in a non-SDA prohibited area = a lot of nothing.It's like not wearing a shirt or shoes.LOL

My thoughts exactly, I ignore all signs I see, except at the places I can't legally carry, post office, schools, federal buildings

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have no problem with ignoring the signs too. But if there is an alternative business to give your money to why wouldn't you? Those who have gun-buster signs are anti-Constitution which makes them enemy. I personally want to see them fail and let those who support the 2A thrive. The employees at the former can then go to work at the latter.

A lot of times our votes at the polls have little impact on how things turn out. But we can still speak by where we spend our money.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no problem with ignoring the signs too. But if there is an alternative business to give your money to why wouldn't you? Those who have gun-buster signs are anti-Constitution which makes them enemy. I personally want to see them fail and let those who support the 2A thrive. The employees at the former can then go to work at the latter.

A lot of times our votes at the polls have little impact on how things turn out. But we can still speak by where we spend our money.

Well said. Agreed.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those who have gun-buster signs are anti-Constitution which makes them enemy. I personally want to see them fail and let those who support the 2A thrive.

I have to disagree with this one. Just because they want to control what happens on their property, doesn't mean they don't believe in our constitution. If anything, they're simply exercising their God given right to own property and then make the decisions as to what takes place on that property. I have much more of a problem with government (public) owned establishments banning guns than a private business/property owner deciding what they want. How dare someone come into my home and call me unconstitutional simply for making a request that they not bring something into my home.

BTW... I'm a business owner that welcomes firearms. Just think the business owner has the right to choose.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to disagree with this one. Just because they want to control what happens on their property, doesn't mean they don't believe in our constitution. If anything, they're simply exercising their God given right to own property and then make the decisions as to what takes place on that property. I have much more of a problem with government (public) owned establishments banning guns than a private business/property owner deciding what they want. How dare someone come into my home and call me unconstitutional simply for making a request that they not bring something into my home.

BTW... I'm a business owner that welcomes firearms. Just think the business owner has the right to choose.

I'm glad you're a business owner, and glad that you welcome legal firearms into your place of business. A person's place of residence is a much different thing, IMHO.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you're a business owner, and glad that you welcome legal firearms into your place of business. A person's place of residence is a much different thing, IMHO.

Both are properties which I own. Which property I sleep in and which one I work in is a non-issue. If I don't want you there or want you to bring something into my dwelling (both are my dwelling according to castle doctorine) or onto my property, it is and should be my decision. Now, whether you visit my house or do business with me because you disagree with the rules of my property is your decision and right. I have to be willing to live with loss of business that may come from my rules. But, I can make those rules none the less.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are properties which I own. Which property I sleep in and which one I work in is a non-issue. If I don't want you there or want you to bring something into my dwelling (both are my dwelling according to castle doctorine) or onto my property, it is and should be my decision. Now, whether you visit my house or do business with me because you disagree with the rules of my property is your decision and right. I have to be willing to live with loss of business that may come from my rules. But, I can make those rules none the less.

I absolutely agree that it is 100% your decision and your right. And yes, according to the castle doctrine you are allowed to defend yourself in either as they both are your dwelling. But a place of business (ie: retail shop) I certainly would not consider equivalent to a home (ie: place of residence). A retail shop I am welcoming the public. My residence, I most certainly am not.

If I owned a Chilis... I wouldn't consider that my "home".

The reason you were quoted in the first place was because of: "How dare someone come into my home and call me unconstitutional simply for making a request that they not bring something into my home." -- nobody said you were being anti-2A or unconstitutional because you made a request that they not bring something into your home... and even if they did, brush it off and move on.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hypocrit! You denying my right to control my private property is covered in more amendments than your right to carry a gun.

Sometimes it amazes me that people can claim to be such constitutionalists yet only want to use the ones that fit them. No better than any stinking liberal that does it. UNAMERICAN! BOOOOOO!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hypocrit! You denying my right to control my private property is covered in more amendments than your right to carry a gun.

Sometimes it amazes me that people can claim to be such constitutionalists yet only want to use the ones that fit them. No better than any stinking liberal that does it. UNAMERICAN! BOOOOOO!

In my opinion, it seems that the "Right" does it more than the "Left".

No, I do not have sufficient data to back that up, nor do I have the time to gather sufficient data.

Latest posts

Top Bottom