One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for those who are saying they will not give money to a business that has these signs. do you have att/verizon/cox/pso/ong/city of tulsa/city of what ever bill they pay? each and every one of those business's has a no guns policy. if you make a check out to any of those business's means your giving money to those business's.

Unfortunate, isn't it? Can't take my firearm into IRS buildings either, but they still get my money. FML. /sarcasm

Silveravnt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So then really you aren't one of the 'no compromise' folks. You believe in the 2nd, but not only do you work at a company that doesn't, you are facilitating/participating in the posting of company property.

Not flaming you...not even saying I wouldn't make the same choice. Just pointing out that everything we do involves some sort of compromise...it's just a matter of how much each individual can stomach.

So the folks that demand zero tolerance when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, are deluding themselves in regards to the practicality of 'zero tolerance'.
So you think 2A trumps individual property rights. Well it doesn't.

As far as RKBA I think it should be unlimited and without a goofy permit. That is a completely separate issue from my employer granting you the right to carry on our property or not granting it. The compromise I'll suggest to them will be to gain more freedom for carrying customers.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you think 2A trumps individual property rights. Well it doesn't.

As far as RKBA I think it should be unlimited and without a goofy permit. That is a completely separate issue from my employer granting you the right to carry on our property or not granting it. The compromise I'll suggest to them will be to gain more freedom for carrying customers.

Not saying that at all, not even sure how you get that from my comments. I was speaking towards the knee-jerk call for a boycott at the mere discussion of posting some signs....before you even had a chance to work out a compromise with your employer.

My position is: It's your business, do what you will...post it freely and I am free to make my choice whether or not I do business there, sometimes I might, sometimes I won't. And I don't think the business should be held liable if something happens to me inside as a result of my decision to disarm and come inside....I made that decision freely.

My point is most folks who claim to be in the 'no compromise' clan, actually compromise all the time. Me included.

Got a CC permit? Fill out a 4473 to buy a new gun? Work at, or do business with, a "no carry" company? I do...so that means I'm not a no compromise, in your face 2nd Amendment or nothing warrior like lots of folks claim to be.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Work at, or do business with, a "no carry" company? I do...so that means I'm not a no compromise, in your face 2nd Amendment or nothing warrior like lots of folks claim to be.

You sir are correct.I also suspect that there are very few "large" companies that welcome firearms on their property,so probably several of the folks that are "no compromise 2A types" are making those compromises you speak of.Like I've said over and over,just ignore the signs and move on.Do so at your work at your own risk.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If by me telling you that the only one I want armed in the place of my livelihood is me, results in you not buying my wares... see ya. And the fact that you would boycott be because of that... Remember, your rights end where mine begin.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_stuff_noguns.jpg

what business is this so I
can send my email......

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dustingaunder said:
I'd rather spend my money at a place without signs. That way they can grow and expand and hire the people that lost their jobs because the management is a bunch of tools that are afraid of guns.

By not spending your money at a place you're not forcing people out of work. You spend your money in other places and they create jobs for the people that lost out on their job's mistakes.

Hope you don't ever have to go to the doctor. Every building at baptist hospital and saints has gun buster signs. I would venture to guess that includes all the others too. As stated above it is impossible to boycott every business that is against carry. Unless you live in the country, use a windmill you built yourself for power, well water, and grow everything you eat.

Just sayin.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom