One of my bosses just asked me to procure 200 "No Guns Allowed" signs for our stores.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in the Engrossed version of SB129 or the House committee substitute.

One of the proposed floor amendments to HB1796 may have had that language, but I don't feel like going through them all again since its dead.

We'll see if there are other committee amendments or substitutes submitted. They were due at <i think> 10AM this morning (24 hours prior to consideration). The House website team has been good at posting stuff pretty quickly after its filed or a vote taken this year, so we'll see if someone submits one that has that sort of language.

actually I think it may have been 856

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no issue with the OP's owner wanting to ban firearms from his place of business. The business is his and it's his right to do so. I just want to know the name of the business so I don't give him my money.

Screw the dang signs...

Walk in, spend your money and then bask in the knowledge that the dirty rotten 2nd Amendment bigot is feeding his family with money tainted by the touch of an evil gun user.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather spend my money at a place without signs. That way they can grow and expand and hire the people that lost their jobs because the management is a bunch of tools that are afraid of guns.

By not spending your money at a place you're not forcing people out of work. You spend your money in other places and they create jobs for the people that lost out on their job's mistakes.

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather spend my money at a place without signs. That way they can grow and expand and hire the people that lost their jobs because the management is a bunch of tools that are afraid of guns.

By not spending your money at a place you're not forcing people out of work. You spend your money in other places and they create jobs for the people that lost out on their job's mistakes.

:clap3::thumbup3:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm one of the no compromise folks you may be referring to when it comes to 2A. I dont believe any infringement on our constitutional rights is acceptable.
However my employer has the high ground here even if they are wrong. It is their property and I am paid by them to do what they want me to do.

So then really you aren't one of the 'no compromise' folks. You believe in the 2nd, but not only do you work at a company that doesn't, you are facilitating/participating in the posting of company property.

Not flaming you...not even saying I wouldn't make the same choice. Just pointing out that everything we do involves some sort of compromise...it's just a matter of how much each individual can stomach.

So the folks that demand zero tolerance when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, are deluding themselves in regards to the practicality of 'zero tolerance'.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for those who are saying they will not give money to a business that has these signs. do you have att/verizon/cox/pso/ong/city of tulsa/city of what ever bill they pay? each and every one of those business's has a no guns policy. if you make a check out to any of those business's means your giving money to those business's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom