Only victims of gun violence can have valid opinions on gun laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an uncle who was shot with a shotgun many years ago during a convenience store robbery. He uses that fact to "trump" anyone else because he has "special experience" as a victim and says guns should be heaily regulated and controlled like in New York. I have some experience with "gun violence" as I used a gun once to thwart a stranger who jumped into the car with me one night. (I didn't have to pull the trigger) That experience taught me that neither I nor my uncle's opinion counts "more" than anyone else's because each situation was completely different. If you're a victim of a crime, all it does is give you a certain perspective from that of a victim or an "almost" victim. It's arrogant to think that one experience should be the deciding factor when we're talking about the rights of millions.

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's be careful not be like the op and totally discount or a label all victims as brain dead or unable to see clearly. I think much of it has to do with media exposure. Media wants to flaunt the ones that further their agenda. They don't want to talk to the ones like myself who refuse to let the actions of one idiot infringe upon the rights of all the law abiding citizens who didn't commit the crime.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who used a gun (didn't have to shoot) to stop a robbery, I can tell you that my experience only served to solidify my opinion that I'd be an idiot not to carry everywhere that it is legal. I would never begin to tell someone that their opinion is not valid, unless it was 100% emotional and not based in logical thought... then I'd completely discount whatever they said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom