Open Carry poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should open carry allow?

• Hand guns only (similar to what CCW allows)

Votes: 43 31.2%
  • Any rifle or pistol

Votes: 63 45.7%
  • Machine guns for everyone

Votes: 32 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I for one am all for open carry and voted as such. I hope this bill passes with flying colors and I'll do what I can as far as contacting my reps.

As far as the newspaper articles go, in Texas if you catch someone trying to steal from you whether it be break into your vehicle or your home, you have the right to blow the sorry SOB away right on the spot and I believe Oklahoma is the same way. So, those people who got robbed didn't know the law or their right to self protection and protection of property.

I see your point about weapon retention, it should be practiced if you open carry, no doubt. But there are also over 90% of LEO's that don't use weapon retention holsters and yet you don't see very many LEO's getting rushed for their guns, I don't mean to use an LEO as an absolute example but maybe you get my meaning. I think open carry is or would be a deterrent of crime in most cases. Because after all, most thieves want to get in and get gone without being caught or shot and killed.

I was in Wichita Falls a couple years ago parked at the Holiday Inn under a bright light right next to the Highway in my company truck. That night, my truck got broken into and they stole over $60,000 worth of tools and equipment. The next morning when I found the broken glass and the cops showed up. I told the officer that I was licensed in OKlahoma to carry and I asked her if I had had my gun with me and I would have caught them breaking in, could I have shot and killed both of them without recourse? She said, Yes sir. Needless to say my most expensive piece of equipment was recovered from Old Mexico. That's neither here nor there though. The point is and, as was made in previous posts, we as Americans should not have to ask for permission to exercise a right that is already ours. Government is too big and I feel it's going to take another "ROME" to rectify it totally.

gnslnger44tx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether carrying concealed or open or not carrying at all. Everyone should be aware of their surroundings. I'm not paranoid but, I pay attention when I'm in a restaurant, when I pump gas, or walk into a store, who's in the store, who is standing near me. As for someone having their pistol taken away from them after it's been drawn, people need more training but that’s not just for open carry. If a person chooses to pick up a weapon or chooses to stand their ground they need to be prepared for the task at hand both mentally and physically. Unfortunately there will always be those who don’t pay attention. That’s the world we live in, but that’s not really the issue here. The right to carry open shouldn’t have been taken from us; our second amendment rights should be restored.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if I was to catch someone stealing from me. I work for what I have and I don't need any scum bag taking whats rightfully mine. I have no remorse or sympathy for people who steal and get shot if they get caught. The same goes for people who steal copper and get killed in the process.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you should be able to carry any firearm you want, whether that be a handgun, rifle, shotgun, etc. Don't want to accept limits on rights that should have never been taken away in the first place.

tdkitch

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Open carry should be allowed. However dont you feel a bit exposed when a "true criminal" sees your weapon and has the time to make adjustments to your situation before you know he has adjusted? I feel that if everyone carries it will not matter if we carry open or concealed. I believe the real issue is ensuring that every citizen carries and carries responsibly. I do think that your choice of weapon to carry should be respectful for the situation that you are carrying. A rifle/shotgun may be a bit extreme

Latest posts

Top Bottom