Open Carry Thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see no good reason to open carry in a public place. Any tactical advantage is lost when the bad guy knows you have a weapon. If the BG is convinced that you have something that he wants and he sees your weapon, he will just shoot you in the back of the head. I wanted open carry to pass so that if I expose my weapon by accident, I am not violating the law. It's not about looking cool.

This does not happen in other states and it will not happen hear either. Bad Guys don't want to get shot and will move to softer targets.

M

MOPAR 4x4

You make some very good points and I believe that for the most point is right on target but as for myself I will probably still carry concealed but with the new law wont have to worry about profiling or brandishing with tighter clothing.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of people that aren't going to OC are telling a lot of "what if" stuff to scare people into thinking you are going to be a target or shot in the head.

Yet in the real world, other states that have OC, you don't hear of any of these things happening.

I think people are making too much of OC and have a fear because right now OC is taboo in our lives. We aren't used to the concept yet. In a few years it will just be a non issue.

I plan to pick and choose where and whe I open carry. It won't be a choice of OC or CC only. I will do both.

M

MOPAR 4x4

Good point and I totally agree with that and I think that it will stop a lot of thugs from just thinking they can get away with whatever but I also like Dodgeman's comment

D

DodgeMan1

Let me ask u guys i have heard conflicting info from 2nd partys
but nothing offical originaly i heard oc law applyed to concealed permit holders
only but have been hearing anyone who can legaly buy and own firearms can
carry thoughts and opinions any one

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no "thoughts or opinions" about what the newly-signed OC law states - which is you must have or obtain an Oklahoma CWL in order to carry a handgun either openly or concealed. The open carry provision goes into effect on 11/01/12.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We aren't used to the concept yet. In a few years it will just be a non issue.

Exactly. How many times do you see someone with a knife clipped to their pocket, or carrying one openly on their belt. Those are weapons too, you know; but society has come to accept the fact that some citizens carry them openly. The same will happen with guns in time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom