Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After talking to members of the Oklahoma Rifle Association, I think we need to let this bill die and go back to the drawing board. The board feels that passing this bill would like gunowners look like fools which not what we want to do with the general public.

SB129 or HB1647? If you mean SB129 then the ORA can take a walk.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After talking to members of the Oklahoma Rifle Association, I think we need to let this bill die and go back to the drawing board. The board feels that passing this bill would like gunowners look like fools which not what we want to do with the general public.

The only ones looking like fools right now ARE the ORA. :(

Krigare

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

The ORA can go take a walk right up superstition alley. Their logic and reason confides in unfounded conjecture expected of those who walk with pride and ignorance. Screw 'em.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are you talking about 1647 or SB129?

If SB129: Then...

Pray tell...

How would the passage of SB129 make gun owners look like fools?

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about 1647 or SB129?

If SB129: Then...

Pray tell...

How would the passage of SB129 make gun owners look like fools?

It would make the limp-wristed, FDR New Deal drone, social hunting types feel like fools naturally. When you follow liberalism all your life, simply owning a $2,000.00 bolt action rifle setup for shooting bambi's on a 5 acre corn baited deer ranch doesn't make you a "gun owner" any more than a guy that goes out and buys a $40,000 1971 440 Charger completely restored makes him a "hot rodder".

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What do they mean by "gunowners?" Are gunowners a different breed or a special interest group? I though EVERYONE who was a legal resident (and not a felon) is allowed to own a gun. Why should gunowners fit in a certain mold?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do they mean by "gunowners?" Are gunowners a different breed or a special interest group? I though EVERYONE who was a legal resident (and not a felon) is allowed to own a gun. Why should gunowners fit in a certain mold?

Like it or not, gun owners are a special interest group. In fact, anyone who is breathing is part of at least one special interest group. It's funny how both sides claim they "won't cater to special interest groups" and use the flawed logic that their constituents are special interest groups.

As for "go back to the drawing board", that's exactly what the ORA wants. Like I said before, I'm not convinced that there is an organization, in Oklahoma or nationwide, that truly cares about the Second Amendment as a protection of a natural Right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom