Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Like I said before, I'm not convinced that there is an organization, in Oklahoma or nationwide, that truly cares about the Second Amendment as a protection of a natural Right.

The 2nd has been an inconvenience to law makers for at least 75 years. I'd hazard a guess that 9 of 10 would happily repeal it if they thought they could get away with it and 10 of 10 if they could just magically make it disapear as if it just never was.

iRIGHTi

Marksman
Reaction score
Why did Fox23 just report that an open carry bill was passed by the legislature? Did I miss something? They referenced a SB 856? I thought the only bill with a prayer was SB129.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is they are confused. From the legislature site, all I see on SB856 is making felony crimes for transfer of weapons or ammunition with the intent to use them to break the law. It was passed by the House today. I can't find anything in it open carrying.

Great, another modifier law. Just what we needed. :(

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like it or not, gun owners are a special interest group. In fact, anyone who is breathing is part of at least one special interest group. It's funny how both sides claim they "won't cater to special interest groups" and use the flawed logic that their constituents are special interest groups.

As for "go back to the drawing board", that's exactly what the ORA wants. Like I said before, I'm not convinced that there is an organization, in Oklahoma or nationwide, that truly cares about the Second Amendment as a protection of a natural Right.

Sadly, you are right. I understand the left's attempt to try and portray "gun owners" as some crazy right wing minority group.

However, since 2A is a natural, god given right, in the classification game, I would say that the people who are "anti-gun" are the special interest group.
That is why we need to go back to a time not too long ago, when guns were more natural tools used by free people to accomplish goals such as, but not limited to, self defence, hunting, sport, etc.
Open carry would be a good way to accomplish this, in part.
I know i'm preaching to the choir here, but there may be some fudds here to don't see it this way, and maybe they should. Would open carry ever pass the 43 states that have it now? probably not. yet the fact is they have it, and so, not too long ago, guns were considered a normal part of life even in these more "liberal" states.
sadly, even in oklahoma, more and more I see anti gun attitudes, especially amongst moms and others trying to be more "progressive" i suppose.
If we don't educate our kids and expose them to guns as a normal way of life, we are one generation away from the 2A being repealed by a 2/3 majority.
And that will be the end of America as we know it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB129 Update!

There was movement on the bill today. It was engrossed in the House. Nothing major but at least there is activity.

Umm... negative. It has not been heard in committee yet. A committee substitute was filed today, but will not be heard until Wednesday.

The CS is last year's open carry bill.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Umm... negative. It has not been heard in committee yet. A committee substitute was filed today, but will not be heard until Wednesday.

The CS is last year's open carry bill.
BILL SUMMARY
1st Session of the 53rd Legislature
​Bill No.:​SB129
​Version:​ AMD1
​Request Number:​ N/A
​Author:​Representative Steve Martin
​Date:​4/04/2011
​Impact:​$0
Research Analysis
The amendment allows any person with a valid handgun license issued by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation to carry weapons concealed or unconcealed. *The measure provides a definition of “unconcealed handgun” to mean a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a belt holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case designed for carrying firearms that is wholly or partially visible.
Prepared By: Brad Wolgamott
Fiscal Analysis
Amendment 1 to Engrossed SB129 has no significant fiscal impact.
Prepared By: Marilyn Anderson
Other Considerations
None

Latest posts

Top Bottom