Open Carry!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a assinine story... they picked a couple of Zelots to interview...Oregon is a permitless open carry state.... and Oklahoma's permit law will not allow the carry of rifles. That was one of the poorest examles of fair journalism I've seen. I'd expect that kind of reporting from MSNBC... not News 9.

I thought it was a pretty good story. I do wish they would have said long gun carry would not be legal in OK after showing the blurb about the guy with a rifle. Showing folks just walking past them was nice...no blood in the streets there.

It does sound like we need to educate about 32 sheriffs in the state though.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a good portion of LEO's that don't think citizens should be able to have guns, period. We saw this same BS whenever the OK Self Defense Act was passed almost 20 years ago. In fact, the City of Moore UNSUCCESSFULLY attempted to pass their own ordinance that prevented citizens from exercising their CCW rights under the OKSDA - they soon learned that State law trumps city ordinances. LEOs can have their opinion about my right to do something, as long as they don't try to violate those rights. Funny thing is, I guarantee I put more rounds down range each year, and attend more trainings each year, than the LEOs that have a problem with me carrying. I'm hoping that the LEOs are given training with regard to the MANY new laws that are about to be signed by the Governor

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An odd question for the LEO crowd: Having seen people on other forums say they'll start bombarding Police call lines with reports of "man with a gun", and seeing the Chief of Medford Oregon on the channel 9 news story saying they check out those calls, what will the requirements be for a Law Enforcement response? If a citizen is indeed carrying openly - once it has become legal to do so, of course - at what point does asking to see their license become necessary? Will you need to articulate probable cause for the stop if asked? If so, does a weapon carried in strict accord with State law while no criminal activity is present constitute said cause?

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will have as much probable cause as having someone call and say "I saw someone driving a car, can you please stop them?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom