Opinion of Hi-Point Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A Hi-Point is what you buy when you don't have enough money,or don't want to spend the money,on a quality firearm.I consider them only slightly better than a claw hammer,but I guess they are better than no gun.

I might add that the rifles seem to be much better than the pistols.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my less enlightend kinsmen brought his .380 High Point out the the ranch for testing a few weeks back.

First thing I did... handed him a SW 39 and let him hoist 'em both around to get a feel... the I told him about a nice used SW 908 I spotted for not much more than he paid for the HP.

Homey asked if I knew how to disassemble the High Point... I looked up the instructions online... seems you have to drift a rolled pin to get things started... and be careful not to loose all the slide parts if you tip the slide wrong after it's off the frame.

Undaunted... he ran about 30 rounds of 380 through the gun... and had to bump the slide into battery after every shot. 30 shots-30 failure. He declared the little ugly sucker "streetworthy", tossed into his glove box and left.

Those little guns have nice sights.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 9mm hi point and never had any problems with it. It`s ugly and cheap but hell, it slings lead down range. Cant beat a $100 gun that you don't have to worry about scratching or breaking on a camping trip.
The carbines are great value for the money.
That said, I would never solely rely on a hi-point as a (home) defense weapon but it`s better than nothing.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Love em'. Most fun gun to shoot I own. It's kept loaded for home defense and it goes with me anytime I go into the woods. After shooting probably 1000 or so rounds through mine i'm convinced it's more than worthy of protecting me and my family.

Yes, your Hi Point sucks In all seriousness, I'm not sure why people defend these guns. For about $300 more there are tons of better options. I could maybe see having the carbine as a plinker, but thats about it.

No theres not. The Beretta CX9 is no better and it jammed when I shot it. Not to mention Beretta's customer service SUCKS! If i've got a Hi Point that doesn't shoot right I can send it back to the factory and they'll send it back rebuilt and upgraded with a free magazine to cover the shipping. If i've got a Beretta that doesn't shoot right I might as well throw it in a lake.

Don't even get me started on the Kel-Tec. How people can say that that is a better gun i'll never know.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this thread saddens me..............

either way yes its better than owning nothing because at least you'll be able to beat the attacker to death with something that weighs more than a baseball bat after scaring him with the shape of a firearm:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom