Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dobbsr88

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Also, you will see NO noticable difference in accuracy from the upper/lower fit. If you can you are an amazing shot and should be on the olympic team or something.
I agree you will not see any noticable difference in accuracy. But i like a sloppy fit. Would anyone here buy a $800-$1000 rifle that had a sloppy fit when it was brand new?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We sell RRA,Stag,S&W,and Armalite at OPS.Stag used to build S&W's but now they are built in house.The RRA's seem to be less problematic than the rest and have a MUCH better trigger.They all seem to be pretty good for the average shooter though,just stay away from the Olys.They seem to have a bad reputation for quality and reliability. Steve BTW,Rick,most problems in semi autos are mag related.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some other people had a problem when they shot my DPMS as i posted in a post weeks ago about it not cycling. I found out the problem was a used USGI mag i bought,I took my rifle out again after the incident and actually replicated the problem they were having. I realized when i shoot i use the magazine as my foward grip and hang onto it,but when i used the rifle foregrips and released pressure off the mag it would fire then not cycle(they were usint the foregrips), i rotated between 4 mags and the ONE mag was the problem,i guess it wasn't seating right or something. SO i have not had a problem with my DPMS at all just an old used USGI magazine is all i had a problem with. So i am biased towards DPMS i guess you could say...lol
Something doesn't add up here...
Here's the deal. My family and i went out to my wife's sisters house,they have some land so we went shooting. I loaded my DPMS AR with 30 rounds of Silver Bear HP ammo and proceeded to shoot it and shot every round without a hitch.I reloaded the same magazine with the same type ammo and let my sister-in-law shoot it. she fired 1 round and then not even a "click" the 2nd time she pulled the trigger. I took the rifle and cycled the spent case out and proceeded to shoot the 29 remaining rounds without a flaw,I chalked it up to "bad ammo". I then loaded a 20 round magazine with some Monarch ammo(different mag and ammo now) and shot all 20 rds without a flaw.i reloaded the 20rd mag with the same ammo and shot the first 5 rounds off and handed it to my sister in law,again she fired 1 round and not even a click the second time,like the ammo wasnt cycling the chamber,but this was different ammo and a different mag!I shot the remaining 14 rds without a flaw again and then shot another 20 rounds of silver bear and monarch mixed with no problems.I then loaded the 30 rounder back up with silver bear and let my nephew shoot it, he got off 1 round and not even a click on the second shot...same problem his mom had.AGAIN i emptied the mag with no problems. But after that i shot about 120 more rounds doing everything i could to get the same result they had,but it fired for me flawlessly. Im dumfounded and cofused about why this would happen...Any Ideas Why? neither of them have ever shot an AR before,could they have been doing something i couldnt see? Thanks guys!

They all stake their gas keys,just some better than others....lol
You would be surprised how many gas keys leave the factory unstaked.

dobbsr88

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't test the Used USGI 20 rounder i bought YET. I will let you know when i do(i tested the 30rd recently and found the problem). I bought the 30rd and 20rd from the same place,maybe all their mags have a flaw thats why their so cheap. What are you trying to add up Yukon? Please inform me why you have to point out minor deatils?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Between my friends and I there is my RRA, a bushmaster, and two DPMS's. None have had any stoppages. My RRA does seem to be of better quality. I would definitely go with RRA based on the trigger if nothing else.But accuracy seems better also.

The only bad experience I have heard of was with an M&P falling apart during a training class.

dobbsr88

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was afraid this was gonna turn into a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thread...lol, To each their own.. we are all biased to what works best for us,so its all good! Lets hear some more opniions!Im off to bed for now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom