Osage Nation Naval Oil Reserve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to school with Clay Donaldson and knew his sister a little bit. Quite a few stories about his dad.............. :eek2:
Clay had his own share of interesting things too.
Little Las Vegas................heard plenty about that as a teen running the area.

I knew Clay from the area, would do a lot for many, but he had a bit of a wild side no doubt about that.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im Osage-Kaw and a shareholder in the Osage mineral estate. My full blood grandfather and his siblings and father were original allottees on the 1906 Osage tribal roll, his mother tho was Kaw. Dennis knows who my family is. Some of them are his neighbors. My family has been ranching in Osage county since our tribe was moved there in the 1800s from first Missouri to Kansas then to back to Osage county, which was our traditional hunting grounds at one time. My grandfather was born near Ponca City but ranched in the Grayhorse district, my mom was born there. A cousin just donated 9000 acres of north Osage county land near the Kansas line back to the tribe and has pissed off his whole family. I thought it was a pretty cool gesture.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to school with Clay Donaldson and knew his sister a little bit. Quite a few stories about his dad.............. :eek2:
Clay had his own share of interesting things too.
Little Las Vegas................heard plenty about that as a teen running the area.

Clays Dad Bobby, beat two men to death and carried one of them around in the back of his pickup until a gas station attendant in Burbank noticed the smell, and moved some feed sacks. He spent a couple of years in the pen for for each.

When I was 15 years old, I was a cowboy for the Hadden ranch during round-up.
All of the local ranches shared cowboys during round up and I got paired with Bobby Donaldson for a week on his ranch. Told me to come back and fish his ponds any time I wanted.

One weekend I drove my Honda 50 Motorcycle to his house and knocked on the door. No answer, but he told me to come any time, so I went out to the pond a 1/2 mile behind his house. About 8am, I saw his pickup pull up on the hill behind the pond, and the next thing I saw was a plume of water in the pond, and a boom.

He was shooting at me. Left everything, and got to my bike and got the hell out across the pastures. Had to drag the cycle under the back fence to get out. The guy was a mean drunk and Clay was no better.

Clay was being chased by an OHP when he topped a hill on HWY 18 and did a bat turn and hit the OHP cruiser head on resulting in the officer getting a broken arm if I remember right.

He spent one night in jail. Mom was an Osage Princess. Lots of influence in Osage county.

I heard Bobby got beat into a vegetable on his own place. Saw him a couple of times in the nursing home across the road from where I worked at the time.

Tried to talk to him once, and it was impossible. Who ever did it, did a good job. There are rumors about who did It that I won't repeat.

Clay ended up becoming a minister, and a traveling preacher for awhile, then beat the heck out of his wife enough times that she left him, and he lived in a tepee at little las vegas for a year or so.

About two years ago, he beat his girl friend to death, and then swallowed a 12 gauge. The cycle has been broken.

Oh yeah, I could write a book....or two.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Clays Dad Bobby, beat two men to death and carried one of them around in the back of his pickup until a gas station attendant in Burbank noticed the smell, and moved some feed sacks. He spent a couple of years in the pen for for each.

I've heard of the ranch and this story that you've mentioned, the rest of though.......wow!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were rumors about why Bobby JR left the ranch for months at a time, and returned with tons of cash in hand.

Bobby SR had many story's about his start building the ranch. None that can be proven.

The Pics I've seen show all of them were experts with the bull whips.

Clay could flick a leaf off of a tree. Family tradition I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom