Overpriced private sellers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't want to hear me complain feel free to disregard.

Anyone who has looked over a classified section or used Armslist is aware that a lot of folks seem to put more value on their gun than it is worth. Maybe that's how much it was when they bought it.

But how do people come up with some of these numbers?

If I can get a better deal on budsgunshop or GunBroker for a brand new, never used gun from the manufacturer, why would I pay more for a used gun from a private seller? There is also inherently more risk involved.

Obviously one should factor in shipping and transfer fees, but sometimes it's just ridiculous.

Obviously If you're a felon it might be worth more too, since you can buy it legally from a dealer haha

It sucks because I'd rather buy locally. Even the local dealers are overpriced, as well. That's why I'd sooner buy on the web than from a dealer.

Not to mention I've been screwed before on gun deals.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ps. To those selling ARs on Armslist: I paid less than $1000 for my le6920. Like ~860 or so dollars for a Magpul LEO marked edition.

It's not worth more than 1000 dollars. The prices on AR models and other assault weapons have gone down significantly in the last year or so.

And that's brand new, never fired, in the box from Colt. With the warranty from a reputable dealer.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alot of people dont use online to buy from...so to them a "good price" is what Cabelas or Bass Pro has it listed as.

True. But I'm a millennial. I use the internet. So for me, it makes no sense. The internet is great because it expands the market and brings in more capitalist competition good for all of us.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So why use it?

Well, I wanted to get across in simple terms why prices have plumetted. Because firearms that might fit the liberal definition of "assault weapon" were hot when during the Obama era and when they thought hillshill might get elected. That's why similar firearms with the same function such as Ruger .22 semi autos weren't as effected by the price fluctuation as an ar-15/ak47 model

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly agree but I will tell you my buddy’s store started the week with 12 AR’s and sold the last one yesterday morning. Even before Vegas his AR sales were picking up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom