painting guns, yay or nay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mainly meaning AR15s, or even bolt action hunting rigs. I can see the benefits of not having a black gun that stands out like a sore thumb, but if you are someone that has gun adhd is it really worth it to possibly hurt the resale value? And I don't mean cerekoting or something like that I am talking camo spray paint from the wal of mart or low d does.......

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve paint bunches. Most of mine are, the ones that I will die with.

Have you ever seen the Golden Orb? It is owned by @zghorner ! You see it, you’ll be painting all yours.

Come to think of it, @zghorner doesn’t allow out side photos taken of it. Maybe he will post a photo of the famed pistol for us to see! It’s been many years since seeing it.

He let me shoot it, it was amazing as he had to peel it out of my hand! It has powers.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to stay away from aftermarket personal painted guns. Unless you're going to keep it forever, do whatever you want. But if you paint it, then decide to sell, you run the risk of losing 50% of buyers or traders. I've passed on several over the years because they were painted and I was to lazy to strip the paint off. But I've seen some that the paint scheme was amazing and thought, why I should paint mine... Just depends on the individual. I guess my bottom line is I like paint from the factory how it was meant to be, but I do get the idea of customizing.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So here’s the rifle I’m considering doing

IMG_3825.jpeg

My go to AR is my 11.5” SBR, it’s not getting painted only cause I like the black and fade look.

IMG_3580.jpeg

And I’d never dream of it for my dads old Marlin or my 68 Winchester m70 243

IMG_0885.jpeg

IMG_9537.jpeg

I have a Marlin 336y that I picked up in trade that had a little surface rust and I wanted a more durable weather resistant finish so I had it cerekoted magpul OD green

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve paint bunches. Most of mine are, the ones that I will die with.

Have you ever seen the Golden Orb? It is owned by @zghorner ! You see it, you’ll be painting all yours.

Come to think of it, @zghorner doesn’t allow out side photos taken of it. Maybe he will post a photo of the famed pistol for us to see! It’s been many years since seeing it.

He let me shoot it, it was amazing as he had to peel it out of my hand! It has powers.
not that anyone's eyes are worthy but I will bless you all with wonder beyond imagination just this once.

behold.

1725471565381.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom